Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Packet loss

Sorry for the delay you had in getting a response.
Hopefully we can get this fixed for you as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

OR engineer did call at house. He thinks the problem is fixed now - said he swapped me onto a spare pair back to cabinet.
BT profile is now 77Mbps. Plusnet have profile at 38Mbps still so if somebody who can get the profiles aligned before it happens automatically can do the necessary it would be appreciated. I see the latency has taken a big drop so presumably a high level of interleaving was masking the fault in its initial stages - I'd assumed the increase was down to g.inp.
Assuming the fix is good, and the TBB charts over the short period since the engineer left looks fairly good on the upgraded BT profile with only a short hint of packet loss, the fix overall took less than a week which isn't bad at all but I still can't help feeling that an awful lot of time there was absolutely nothing happening. Would I have done better calling - I didn't do that as I find the script lead filter swaps, face north standing on one leg, etc. etc. irritating.
TBB chart showing fix. The short outage in the middle of the night was a power cut.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've increased your profile now so if you log into the router and disconnect then reconnect your speeds should increase.
With regards to how quick the fault could be fixed it's a bit of a iffy one. Some faults aren't apparent when we test a line but pop up as the line gets worse.
I'm actually a bit surprised considering this was raised to our suppliers yesterday and a engineer went out today of a bank holiday of all days (Good to know its not just me working Wink )
Hopefully the issue is fixed but if you have any further issues let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

All fixed and working correctly now thanks. I'm amazed they came out that quickly and on a bank holiday too. Maybe they've sorted out their local staff shortages now.
I wasn't expecting the engineer to actually call but he said he tried to see if we were in as he prefers to be sure everything is working from the premises. He took quite a time as you can see from the outage time. He told me that initially he just remade a connection but there was still a fault present so he swapped the pair. This is an old house and I suspect the infrastructure is pretty old too. I junked ADSL and went to cable after 5 callouts failed to get an ADSL fault fixed but thought I'd give the shorter FTTC copper a go as I'm not fond of VM on a number of points.