Did you mean: 

Packet loss on Unlimited Fibre Extra connection

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Packet loss on Unlimited Fibre Extra connection

No problem @nr it happens to all of us!

The good news is that I've managed to reopen the closed one so I'll close the new one you raised just to avoid too many cooks spoiling the broth.

I've updated the details of your new IP address on your account so you can update your ping monitor

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nr
Dabbler

Morning @MatthewWheeler 

Thanks for re-opening the ticket!! o\  I've updated the monitor but it doesn't seem to have changed the behaviour.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/63370e92990ae7d83ee8e62f0277a3298e...

The other thing we've noticed is that our upload performance is terrible.  I know that you don't guarantee upload performance, but before the fault started we got really good upload speeds - our router does a bandwidth test every night and prior to 12th June we'd get a solid 17Mbps up without fail.  We're now in kilobit speeds up - that has to be related?

I've attached speed test result from this morning.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @nr

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't made any difference to the behaviour of the line.

I've updated the ticket on your account and I've dropped @MatthewWheeler a message since he's taken ownership of this to see how he wants to proceed.

He's back in the office tomorrow morning so he should be back in touch accordingly.

nr
Dabbler

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to me @nr

Unfortunately, I was out of the office yesterday so didn't see the results until today.

I've just updated the ticket with more details.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nr
Dabbler

Hi Team,

In 8 days this packet loss issue will have been ongoing for three months.  Is it still the case that I have the right to exit our contract early due to this issue not being able to be solved in that period?  

I propose we declare a deadline of 18th September, the three month anniversary of the ticket, and if this cannot be solved by then I'll cancel and switch the service to another provider.  I'm happy to work with you if there's any other diagnostics you want to carry out, but at this stage I'm reasonably confident (as are Openreach) that's there absolutely nothing wrong with our connection and the fault lies somewhere within Plusnet's infrastructure.  Given that, a switch to a different provider should resolve the problem.

Please do let me know if this is not the case, and also if anyone has any recommendations for other ISPs I'm open to suggestions.  It would be a shame to lose the Static IP capability, but I'll settle for a working connection right now.

Neil

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Neil, 

I'm sorry to see this. 

As Matt W has been handling this so far I'm going to have a chat with him when he's in the office after 1.30pm today and ask him to pick this up and get back to you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nr
Dabbler

Sadly another week passed with no updates and no resolution.  I was more than happy to carry out any diagnostics that may have been useful at this end to help diagnose this, but sadly my last response on the ticket on 5th September remains unanswered. 

I will now be switching the service to another provider, please can you confirm that you will not be charging any exit fees due to early termination of our contract.

For the benefits of anyone else experiencing this issue, we/Openreach have tried:

• Replaced the modem and splitters
  • Replaced the master socket 
  • Rewired our connection at the pole and the cabinet
  • Switched us to a new port
  • Removed our static IP address to change the routing

Plus anything else Plusnet have tried which I've not been told about, all with no affect.  Good luck if you are also facing this.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @nr 

I'm really sorry that you have made that choice (but can see how you ended up doing so). 

Unfortunately we are unable to provide this sort of information via the community forum, therefore I would advise getting in contact with our Customer Options team regarding this as they are the department who can provide all relevant information about your account closure.

Telephone number: 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday

09:00 - 19:00 Saturday

09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Kind Regards, 

MoR