Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and High latency

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Packet loss and High latency

60031b14cd3a84b6450dd2636c38a671-08-01-2017.png

I had to chop the top off as i called if your IP address and did not.

What the graph is showing is that from thinkboradband the max latency they are seeing is about 15ms, and to have it that stable for so long is actually really good!

That along with the bbcnews at 12ms and gaming servers in Nethernlands at 20ms I'm at a bit of a loss as to why your xbox is so bad when all the other tests from your PC and the internet are good. especially as you arent using wifi but using ethernet direct into the hub which will give the most stable connection too.

I even tried several US and EU ISPs that give ping tools and they all comes back with numbers expected.

The network stats page in the xbox always goes to seattle, so that will be 150ms and is correct, the speedtest is to there too so can be a bit iffy, and if they were the only two issues id say the line is great.

If in games you are seeing 400ms though I am at a loss to see what is causing that. The only 2 things I can think of are:

1. The games you play are often hosted by one player and other connect on their xbox (some have dedicated servers), if you are connecting to people largely in the US or their lines cant support the bandwidth of that many uploads that would give you slow connection.

2. You are connecting to people who for some reason route your traffic the wrong way back, from the places I have tried that is never giving anything like 400ms latency so highly unlikely, but there may be somewhere that I have not tried from causing the problem.

Does anyone else on the foums play infinity warfare on an xbox one? would be good to compare a second account or see if Plusnet have an xbox/ the games you play and get the same issues. 

MrSilver
Pro

Hi
Are you still having buggy ping spikes ingame?
Latest ping graph for your line is still looking great...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-thumb/55eee799cede4298e03a81b04b5a56ac-12-01-2017.png
alan666
Grafter

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy working, I have had very little time to play, i will be testing tomorrow as I have a day off, thanks for taking time to look in to this Smiley very much appreciated.
MrSilver
Pro

A day off to game, youre making me jealous lol! Hope it works and you get a good day out of it!!

alan666
Grafter

Lol noo,I dont work Fridays haha...
MrSilver
Pro

How did gaming Friday go?