Did you mean: 

Packet Loss on Plusnet Servers

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Packet Loss on Plusnet Servers

OK, please let us know how you get on. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FortKnox101
Grafter

Okay the Static IP is in effect and a quick test on PingPlotter shows promising results so far.

No Packet Loss from any plusnet servers. However the plusnet servers 141.hiper and 137.hiper seemed to have disappeared in those tests. A totally different server has shown up on hop 3 now. I tested Discord, Youtube and the Overwatch EU IP address in the three screenshots I've attached.

Will continue to see how things go with actual usage.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

It might be worth 'tweaking' those images.

As you're now on a static IP 84.xx.xxx.xx, you're currently giving it out to the world.

It's obviously up to you though;)

Oroboros
Hooked

I am the friend Fortknox is talking about, i have almost 90% packet loss on my network. through the Plusnet servers.

FortKnox101
Grafter

@DS  Just double checked and those images don't show my IP address. Thanks for the concern though. Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, you might want to obscure your IP on those screengrabs. I'd keep checking this every now and again, do keep us posted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oroboros
Hooked

If you could do the same to my IP that would be fantastic, as i am having it much worse than him. 90% packet loss at times.
i'm pretty much forced to use a VPN at this point, even though it lowers my Mbps i get a much more stable line.

FortKnox101
Grafter

@adamwalker Okay cool.

Yeah @Oroboros is the friend I was talking about who is having similar issues with discord screenshare, overwatch and the same pingplotter results. Although his are with 137.hiper rather than 141. like mine. Not sure if Static IP would also sort this issue with him too? I'd suggest running line tests and such like you did with me to rule out any other issue though. 

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Oroboros wrote:

If you could do the same to my IP that would be fantastic, as i am having it much worse than him. 90% packet loss at times.

Where are you seeing 90% packet loss?  Do you have a bit more information?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Oroboros
Hooked

All of the same tests fort did, we did together. I will crop some screenshots to remove the IP, but they are below to prove it.

Kelly
Hero

@Oroboros wrote:

All of the same tests fort did, we did together. I will crop some screenshots to remove the IP, but they are below to prove it.

Ok, that just means that that one particular router is only responding to 10% of your pings.  It's passing on the rest of the traffic otherwise everything beyond there would be 90% +  packet loss.

I do feel like there is something wrong here though. @adamwalker @MasterOfReality Can one of you sort out a free static for @Oroboros please.

Meanwhile, I've got some people looking deeper at this on our side.

Kelly Dorset
Oroboros
Hooked

Thank you.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Meanwhile, I've got some people looking deeper at this on our side

That's sounds, well, rather deep.

In a way I hope they do find something, more so if this has been my issue all along...?

(still seeing 137 and 141 hiper being erratic here)

I could never understand why other gamers on non Plusnet connections were fine, whereas we as I had nothing but hassle. When I was with $ky for 2 years it was fine too.

I also understand, correct me if I'm wrong, thatt static IP's are routed differently...?

Kelly
Hero

Yeah, the traffic routes differently when a static is assigned and goes through a couple of different pieces of kit.

Kelly Dorset
DS
Seasoned Champion

Wowser, I got something right!Roll_eyes

So, the dynamic 'kit' is their starting point I guess;)