Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package changed without my consent

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Package changed without my consent

I was previously on 40/20, with 8 months left of my 18 month contract. Within the last 2-3 weeks I appear to have been put on a 40/2 package, according to the BT speedchecker test I ran on Saturday.

Why was my package changed, and how do I get it put back to 40/20?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
18 REPLIES 18
maranello
Pro

Re: Package changed without my consent

Update. I have found a couple of 'Questions' against my account, see below

Question #126435194 - Your Feedback

< Back

Your Response
1:23pm, Wednesday 25 May 2016
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
BT Reference Number changed from BBEU09469216 to BBEU22177402. BT Circuit Number changed from BBEU09469216to BBEU22177402

Question #126889190 - Your Feedback

< Back
Name removed - Product Team
1:25pm, Thursday 2 Jun 2016
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Provisioned speed updated using speed change tool

I presume this is when the change occurred. Can anyone tell me why this change happened mid-way through my contract?
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

I had a fault last week and noticed at the weekend that Plusnet have done the same to me.  I am currently awaiting a response for Plusnet Towers Knuppel

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@maranello

Looking at your account, it looks like you upgraded to fibre after had stopped selling 40/20 and were provisioned on the higher upload speed in error. It has since been picked up as part of a clean up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@HarryB

I have to disagree with your response, as I signed up to fibre in May 2014, well before the change of product to 40/2. I then renegotiated a contract extension in August 2015 which was confirmed in Question #109027967 to be 40/20.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The ticket you've referenced is irrelevant as this was an automated notification of what was being provisioned. The accounts being moved to 40/2 as part of the clean up had been provisioned on 40/20 in error.

In regards to signing up back in 2014, unfortunately this isn't relevant to the query surrounding fibre speeds as you signed up to ADSL and did not upgrade to fibre until after we had stopped advertising 40/20 as a product we offered.

I am however still looking in to this case and others and I'm awaiting clarification on something from a colleague. I'll be back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@HarryB

I'm sorry but you are wrong on both counts.

The question entry may be an automated response but it is also the only record that defines the package I signed up to.

Furthermore, if yoy check through the invoices on my account you will find that May 2014 was when I initially signed up for fibre. Before then I had been on adsl since January 2008.

Unless you can provide the evidence that confirms I was informed of the reduction in upload speed then either reprovision my connection back to 40/20 or provide written confirmation that you have changed the terms of my contract and hence I can leave without penalty.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies, I must have got the ADSL in 2014 from another account, from another thread with the same query that I was replying to at the same time.

Having looked over you account now, I can see you were on Fibre essentials (A legacy package we no longer offer that was provisioned on 40/10 not 40/20)

We stopped advertising 40/20 in June 2015 and your package change was put through on 12/08/16  12/08/15.

However as per my previous response, I am awaiting confirmation on some dates from a colleague regarding when we stopped selling 40/20 to existing customers, as this was some time shortly after it stopped being advertised to new sign-ups.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@HarryB

Did you really mean the 12th August 2016 in post 8 as you wrote 12/08/16 ?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for pointing that typo out. Meant to put 12/08/15.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@HarryB

@HarryB wrote:

However as per my previous response, I am awaiting confirmation on some dates from a colleague regarding when we stopped selling 40/20 to existing customers, as this was some time shortly after it stopped being advertised to new sign-ups.

Can I expect an update anytime soon?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Still awaiting confirmation. As soon as I know, I'll let you know.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed as question already asked here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've had confirmation that we did stop selling 40/20 to existing customers on the same day we stopped selling it to new sign-ups.

The exception to this was a problem on the broadband only upgrade journey through the member centre which still showed 40/20.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@HarryB

Thanks for the confirmation.

When I negotiated with COT in August 2015, all I was looking for was a discount on the monthly subscription equivalent to that offered to new customers, in return for committing to an 18 month contract on my existing terms. After all, as an existing fibre customer the monthly subscription going forward would not need to subsidise any activation fee applicable to but waived for new fibre customers, nor the cost of a new fibre router. As far as I recall, the reduced upload speed was never mentioned, although the salesman I spoke to mentioned that the new package was unlimited, and that it would not be possible to renew my existing Essentials package as this was no longer being offered. Furthermore, the reduced upload speed was never mentioned in any confirmation sent, and therefore I had no opportunity to review the terms and if unhappy to cancel the change within the 14-day cooling off period.

I'm extremely unhappy with the treatment I have received, both in terms of the underhand way in which the product was sold, and the fact that there was no prior warning that the 'error' was to be corrected. As yet I have seen no apology from any Plusnet representative for the 'error', it seems that long-standing customers are treated abysmally.