cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package changed after re-signing. Was told it wouldn't change!

washboardmac
Grafter

Package changed after re-signing. Was told it wouldn't change!

Hi

Was contacted by Sales back in January and agreed to re-sign for a small discount.  I was assured that my package would not be changed from 80/20.

A few days afterwards I received an email stating "your product change has not taken place", or similar.  

I contacted CS via chat but the other end was not able to help (!)  So I phoned and spoke to a rep who again stated that my package would not change.

However just a couple of days ago I did a speed check and found I was only operating at 38d/11u.  This speed was repeatable and the BT speed test reported that the maximum download for my line was 40mbps! 

So I've clearly been moved over to an inferior package.  Will the Tech Team please pick up on this and put it right.  I haven't as yet raised a fault but will do if necessary.

Many thanks

Andy

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Package changed after re-signing. Was told it wouldn't change!

Hi washboard mac,

I've checked and we haven't made any changes to your package or your connection.

Diagnostic tests seem to indicate a fault so you'd be best raising that here: http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
washboardmac
Grafter

Hi Adam

Thanks for picking this up.  Yes it seems there is a fault with the line - I have no dialtone at all.  As I don't use my landline I would never have known this so thanks for checking.

I have just completed a fault report.

Cheers

Andy

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, we'll get that picked up and reported ASAP for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI I've just given your fault a "prod" in the right direction and reported the line issue with Openreach.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
washboardmac
Grafter

Adam

Again thanks for attending to this.  I have to say I did think the response from your colleague did not inspire confidence.

Yours

Andy

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I'm passing on some feedback about that as any tests we would do before we could potentially state that there's no evidence of a fault should flag up any line faults.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
washboardmac
Grafter

Adam

Just waved goodbye to an OR engineer (didn't know he was coming but as he explained it's often better to trace the fault from both ends).  Credit where credit's due, he was a very thorough guy and spent an extra hour replacing the cable to the outside box.

So now have dialtone but my 'net speed is still 'stuck' on around 40/11.  The BTW speed tester shows my profile at 43/20.  Will the system automatically reset this to the max my line can support or does it need intervention from plusnet?

Shall I also post this issue in the fault tracker?

Yours

Andy

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

@washboardmac DLM should intervene when the line is stable and fault free providing DLM thinks it's fine to make changes. This could take days to weeks? Because it was reported a voice fault they won't reset DLM IIRC

Cool_smiley

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, I'm glad to hear that the line issue has been fixed. DLM should cause your connection speeds to improve over the next few days.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
washboardmac
Grafter

Hi

Just to close this thread I thought I should report the outcome.

I was informed via the fault tracker that further faults had been found and did not require attendance at my premises.

However the 2nd fault 'fix' left me with a d/l of only 20Mbs - the previous fix had seen my line increase to around 60Mbps).  Today an OR engineer attended (again credit to OR for his thoroughness) but found no fault.  The actual fix was to get PN to perform a reset (I don't know what was reset).  So it seems that this solution could have been performed by PN itself rather than me waiting a week and incurring 1/2 day of (albeit minor) disruption.  I do wonder why this action was not performed by PN earlier.

Any how, fault(s) resolved.

Andy