cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Upgrade

elfish
Grafter

Package Upgrade

If I wanted to upgrade to the Unlimited Fibre Extra product, would I still need to go through the 'change product' process?
I presume all that is needed is the PN profile to be updated, as I am sync'ing at 79,992/20,000.
P.S. I am just enquiring at the moment so please don't upgrade.  Wink
And does the Pro add-on reduce the risk of slower speeds within congested periods? Worth it?
Cheers.
22 REPLIES 22
Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: Package Upgrade

Hey there elfish
If you did want to upgrade you would need to go through the product change page or give our support team a call.
Don't worry we wont just change your account now ;).
As for the pro addon, this isnt really needed with our newer products as we don't use traffic management as much as we used too. So you could remove it to save yourself a fiver.
elfish
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
Would I still need to arrange an engineer appointment, if I go through the product change? Sounds like it may be easier/quicker to call.
Wrighty11
Grafter

If your on fibre then no, also if you are syncing at 80 then it would just be a profile change on our end.
Oh you would be on a new 18 month contract due to this too as its a new package.
elfish
Grafter

Thanks.
elfish
Grafter

Just another question. On the product change page, estimated DS speed is 69.4Mbps, although I am sync'ing at 79,992 and the BTW speed test is showing an IP profile of 77.43Mbps, so should I be getting more than 69.4Mbps, if I change product?  
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

ignore the estimated figure it isn't relevant - you will get the fastest your line will support up to 80Mb/s of course
elfish
Grafter

Cheers Jim.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
ignore the estimated figure it isn't relevant - you will get the fastest your line will support up to 80Mb/s of course

That's what I used to think @ Oldjim, synced at 77.43 for over a year without a problem now down to 66.45 so I think your comment is wrong I'm afraid....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is absolutely of no relevance to the discussion which is about product change when he is already on fibre and getting maximum speed
elfish
Grafter

Well, I have completed the product change and in the user portal under High-speed broadband - Estimated line speed, its now showing 69Mbps rather than 40Mbps. Current line speed is still 40Mbps, but I need to reconnect (end PPP session, start PPP session) which I will do once family members have stopped gaming!
Will do some speed tests to see the results. That's if the new speed takes effect straight away.
elfish
Grafter

PN IP Profile needs updating.
Please let me know once this has been done, so that I can reconnect.
Thanks.
elfish
Grafter

Quote from: englishrick
Quote from: Oldjim

That's what I used to think @ Oldjim, synced at 77.43 for over a year without a problem now down to 66.45 so I think your comment is wrong I'm afraid....

What is your CPE/modem sync rate? Is 66.45 your IP Profile as provided by the BTW speed test or the IP Profile listed in the PlusNet portal?
I would be interested to know what you sync speed is, BT IP Profile is and what your PN IP Profile is.
englishrick
Grafter

@elfish  BT IP profile is now 66.45 (Was 77.43 for over a year) PN IP profile is 66.4
dick:quote
elfish
Grafter

The BT IP Profile is closely related to your actual sync speed, if you could check your sync speed, that should mirror (not exact) your IP Profiles.
This drop may be due to the increase in take up of FTTC customers on the DSLAM, or line conditions have changed.