cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Thanks for trying @MatthewWheeler...

Just tried now and still only got 33.56 down and 8.12 up. Hmmm 🤔

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Hi @Prawnyloks,

I have tested the line from the end and it is syncing at 40Mbps with no restrictions.

Please ensure you do not have any other applications running in the background and if you could please use an alternative speed test website such as fast.com

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @Beyhive. I checked just before leaving for work and managed 35 mbps bus WiFi, so probably ok for now 🤞🏼
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

No worries @Prawnyloks,

Let us know how it goes Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

Wondering if there's any chance of a profile/DLM reset again?

Had a batch of constant reboots a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. Unfortunately now I'm stuck with these lousy speeds.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 17.00.22.pngI've just tried rebooting the router, but they're pretty much the same!

Let me know if I'll need to reboot the router again please.

Thanks in advance.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Prawnyloks,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped again and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've tested your line and can see that it's currently syncing at 21.3mbps but the line hasn't picked up the cause of the drop in speed. The line isn't banded at the moment and so a DLM reset wouldn't resolve this problem and we'll need to do some further investigation.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 Please let us know how it goes.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Emily thanks for getting back to me, but if you read through this thread you’ll see this is an unresolvable ongoing issue for many many months. My router is and always has been connected directly to the master socket.
Tests, by anyone, never resolve this. Openreach will not fix my problem. There are notes against my account.

The latest speed drop will be down to my last batch of reboots which will have caused my netgear router to reset at lower speeds each time. I just hadn’t spotted how big the drop was.

Please can you talk to whoever reset my speed the last time, so that the same can be done again. This is how my account is managed unfortunately.

I hadn’t realised how low it had dropped as I’ve been busy with stuff and haven’t checked for a while.

Hopefully this can get fixed soon. Obviously we’ll en up back here again in a month or two.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Prawnyloks

Looking at your router stats, they’re showing your router physically in sync at a slow speed and from the above post, our tests are also showing that with no banding on the line, so realistically there’d be nothing for us to reset...

Unfortunately if you’ve done the troubleshooting steps and if your speeds are below where they should be when you go to http://dslchecker.bt.com there’s nothing more we can remotely do for a sync problem without another engineer visit.

If you’ve not got a fault reported already it may be worth heading on over to faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf 

We seem to have the same conversations every time this happens.

@MatthewWheeler managed to do something from me last time (end of June)...

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us @Prawnyloks

Can you try running a speed test again?

We've made some changes which should resolve this for you

This is an on going issue that I was promised would be kept on top of to try and keep my speeds just about acceptable.

Can someone at least try for me!?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Prawnyloks I suspect Matt changed the connection profile on your account because your throughput was affected. Unfortunately we’re seeing your physical sync speed is slow.

I’m afraid as an ISP we’ve no control over this apart from request a remote DLM reset if your line is banded which it doesn’t look like it is.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Please can this be done anyway? At least trying something is better than nothing!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Prawnyloks 

No amount of ‘fiddling’ with the profile on your account will affect your sync speed. I’m sorry but that really isn’t the way it works. 

Understand the frustration however it looks like we may have to go down the path of another engineer if your sync speeds are below estimates. ☹️

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Please at the very least request the remote DML reset. I’m done with wasting everyone’s time with engineer visits. They achieve nothing.
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

I am out now, so can do nothing myself right now.
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

I’ve updated my ongoing ticket via the member centre.