cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

HI @prawnloks

The last seven days of your connection (and the relevant drops) can be found here.

I agree that there's still an issue here and having just refreshed my memory but running through your fault ticket again, I can see that an engineer is due to attend on 26/04/19.

At this stage, as much as it means a few more days with potential drops, I would recommend awaiting the outcome of the engineer visit and then making a judgement call after that point.

If there's anything you need in the interim, just let us know.

Best wishes

Dave

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Thanks @RandallFlagg
I do realise the engineer is due soon. I only really wanted to double check my info matched yours as I’m still getting used to the new router.
Keeping everything crossed for a fix on Friday as it’s getting a bit daft again.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, @Prawnyloks

If you need anything else, just shout.

Take care

Dave

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @RandallFlagg, I've just updated my ticket after todays engineer visit.

Total waste of time unfortunately. As far as Openreach are concerned they can't find any faults anywhere, so won't do anything!

Please see my ticket for full details Sad

In the interim could I please have the profile reset once more, so I can at least start back at full speed... for however long it lasts this time?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @Prawnyloks,

Thanks for your time on the phone today. Ive performed the profile reset as per your request and also summarised further details from our call via the open fault ticket on your account HERE

Let us know if you want to proceed further.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Prawnyloks wrote:

For some reason the replies I added yesterday have vanished…

@Prawnyloks I have released two of your posts from the automated spam filter.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

I just need to mull over what we want to do next and whether it's worth the extra effort of any more engineer visits.

Can anyone tell me if changing the fault escalation to a "speed issue" rather than the current "intermittent issue" as suggested during our chat would be worth trying as a last ditched attempt? To see if something new can be pushed for via Openreach?

I am willing to have one last attempt at a visit, but only if Openreach can have their hand forced into actually doing something this time. Otherwise it's a pointless excise.

I have also included some router stats. I'm wondering about the noise margin. It does seem to jump around a lot. How does this affect things?

Router Stats 2019-04-26 at 16.43.24Router Stats 2019-04-26 at 16.43.24Router Stats 2019-04-26 at 21.36.24Router Stats 2019-04-26 at 21.36.24

I rebooted the router here after the profile reset was performed

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 21.43.37Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 21.43.37Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 14.27.16Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 14.27.16

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Prawnyloks

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm afraid raising the issue to our suppliers as a speed fault would result in the same testing and quality gates being checked as where we've raised it as an intermittent connection issue. I'm really disappointed that this didn't get sorted as part of the most recent engineer visit, especially given the specifics we asked our supplier to address. I'm afraid at this stage, the steps that Matt has included on his most recent update on your fault ticket would be the most viable routes forward. In terms of the noise ratio, I'd expect it to jump around as it's responding to the drops in your connection.

Please let us know how you'd like to proceed - we'll do whatever we can to assist you with this.

Best wishes

Dave

aeneareid
Rising Star

Hi @Prawnyloks Interested to know whether you've made any progress since your last post. Reading through this thread, your problem sounds very similar to ours - intermittent disconnects with PlusNet saying it's a line fault and calling in Openreach, then Openreach saying the line is faultless. We're  on our second (Plusnet) router and another engineer visit scheduled for Wednesday. I predict the engineer will find nothing wrong as our disconnects mostly happen in the middle of the night and, since the new router, our line speed is OK. Any advice you can give for what we should ask Plusnet to do for us would be gratefully received.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @aeneareid. Unfortunately nothing has been resolved here. We’ve been through 2 PlusNet routers and even got a new Netgear one.
Things were perfect for 2 whole months after a lift and shift that was done even though no faults were found. Unfortunately since it came back, Openreach have been unwilling or unable to do anything more as no fault shows again.
Our current status is to monitor to see if it ever stabilises and then decide from there. We are able to be released from our contact if needed though as this is a persistent problem. Reverting to ADSL might be our only option at this moment, but we’re still investigating.
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @RandallFlagg and the rest of the team, thought I'd post a quick request here for a profile reset please.

Not a lot has changed. The reboots are still happening, but seem to be around once or twice a week at the moment. We're just living with it for now, but obviously if things deteriorate badly then we'll rethink again. If I wait till it drops below around 24 or 25 mbps each time before I request a profile and/or DLM reset, then I shouldn't have to bug you all too often 🤞🏼

The latest reboot in the early hours today, opened up my line again to 39998 kbps down and 8969 kbps up, so if someone could reset me, I may as well make the most of the extra speed again, for the limited time I can till the next reboot and line speed change occurs.

Current speed test is only giving around 24 mbps down and 8 mbps up 🙄

Your help will be appreciated!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Prawnyloks.

From what we can see there is currently no profile in place so there should be nothing restricting your speeds at the moment

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back to me @MatthewWheeler. What do you suggest then? My speed is definitely stuck at around 24mbps!

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Just rebooted my router and now have just got 32.75 and 8.19 mpbs at speedtest.net. Much better than before, but still a little under what I would have expected. Router stats are still similar to previous at 39998 and 8888 kbps.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Prawnyloks

Can you try running a speed test again?

We've made some changes which should resolve this for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team