cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Hi again@MatthewWheeler. I’ve been keeping an eye on my connection and this morning before leaving for work showed over 1 day 9 hours since the last drop. The engineer is due tomorrow afternoon and don’t want him to think everything is fine if it’s now stabilised at this much lower speed. So, With this in mind, could my line and profile be reset anyway to make sure there actually is still a problem? I don’t want to incur the £65 fee if they decide they can’t find the fault!
“This was the fault found after testing though…
Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network.”
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: PPPoE is down after XX minutes uptime/PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Hi @Prawnyloks, thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, the people that we'd send these reset requests to don't appear to be in the office as yet today and so we're unable to request that the line is reset at this time.

As @MatthewWheeler mentions, we can see the poor line quality and would expect the issue to be detected by an engineer, who'll then manually reset the line for you.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi again. The engineer has just been and after numerous tests found nothing wrong with the line anywhere again.

He has however changed out some sort of switch or cable in the cabinet to see if it would help, as he's pretty certain the cabinet is full to capacity. He also changed out my master box, just to cover all bases. He seemed to imply capacity could be an issue and if I happen to be on another dodgy spot in the cabinet, then moving to another spot may not happen!

I guess at this stage we have to just wait and see if things stabilise again.

I do still need my profile resetting though. The engineer reset my line, which is now back to 39.95 Mbps down and 9.999 Mbps up, but SpeedTests are stuck below 30 Mbps. If someone can do this I'd appreciate it.

Going forward I guess I wait and see if these disconnections continue and if they do I'll need to reconsider my options.

I will update my question with all this information also.

Edited to add: The engineer said if further testing is required then a Special Fault Investigator would be required.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Prawnyloks, thanks for the update.

Before we request a reset, I'd like to monitor the account for 24 or so hours to ensure that the drops have actually stopped.

I'm in the office on a 09:00 - 17:30 tomorrow and will run testing as soon as I arrive into the office as well as checking the connection logs for any further drops. Providing these tests come back clear I'm more than happy to get the request sent through.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Ok @OskarPapa. Here's hoping there's no more drops. If this is the case please reset for me at the earliest point tomorrow, thanks.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem @Prawnyloks, hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll have everything resolved for you.

If you need anything else in the meantime, the team is in the office until 22:00 this evening.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Disconnected overnight yet again. I have to say I starting to run out of patience with this re-occurring issue.

So, what next? I do not want a repeat of last time with multiple engineer visits. I am not about to use all my annual leave this way.

The only thing that hasn’t been tried is for D and E changes. Though maybe a new non PlusNet router is my next option?!
sdlnet
Dabbler

Just for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread can I suggest replacing the Plusnet router and see how you get on.  I think you might be surprised.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Prawnyloks, thanks for getting back to me.

As the issue persists, I've just rejected Openreach's report that it's resolved and we now await a further update. In my experience it's almost certainly going to progress to SFI and so I've just updated the ongoing fault ticket.

Please let me know here when you've responded to the ticket.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

@OskarPapa ticket updated.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Prawnyloks

I've added a further update to your ticket.

Best wishes

Dave

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Thanks @RandallFlagg I’ve just responded.

Hope you have a good weekend away from all us moaning customers 😉
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

More drops again, so I’ve updated the ticket!
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for updating us @Prawnyloks.

I'm afraid our only recourse here would be to book in for that SFI visit.

I'm not able to get a specific after 3pm slot for Good Friday and so I've booked it in for your second preference, between 13:00 and 18:00 on Friday 26/04.

Please let us know how you get on.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

I've updated my ticket... I guess we see what happens on the 26th now!