Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPoE errors. Connection resetting multiple times a day

beardyone
Hooked

PPPoE errors. Connection resetting multiple times a day

Hi,

I have been having multiple connection drops a day for the last 72 hours. I have attached the event log from my BT Home Hub 6.

If a Plusnet team member could kindly have a quick look at my line for me or advise my next steps, should I raise a ticket or wait it out for example, I would be grateful. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: PPPoE errors. Connection resetting multiple times a day

Hello @beardyone

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear about the problems that you're having with your service. Tests on the line this morning have uncovered a fault on your line, though the KBD also states that the source of this issue is within the customer premise.

Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve the issue sooner. When testing, please remove the faceplate from your Master Socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets too if possible.

Troubleshooting Guide - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

See how you get on, and if the problem persists, head across to faults.plus.net and raise this issue with our Technical Support Team. In the Additional Information section, pop in some dates and times that you'd be available for an engineer visit, our Technical Support Team will then be in touch, though feel free to reach out when you've done it and I'll be happy to get the fault raised with our suppliers.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
beardyone
Hooked

Thanks Adam.
I plugged a landline phone in to have a listen and my phone line does indeed have fairly busy static on it.

I raised a ticket through the troubleshooter. Thanks for your help.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @beardyone thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear you've heard noise on your line recently. I can confirm when testing over your line from this side currently we've detected a fault more than likely behind the drops and noise you've seen recently:

"Fault located between DP and customer apparatus
Description: Fault - Unbalanced Cable"

I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 06/10/21 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 07/10/21 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Thursday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My apologies, just having re-checked the estimated response time we currently have is by 08/10/21 by 23:59 not 06/10/21 sorry.

beardyone
Hooked

All seems sorted now. Thanks for your help ☺️
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great to hear @beardyone. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.