cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP0E Connection could not be established

Richiow

PPP0E Connection could not be established

Hi,

Had a localised issue last night where lost fibre, confirmed this with PN via phone.  No connection still this morning and been told that issue was resolved but there is an authentication problem with router and need to re-enter my Username and Password. 

Tried this, reset router and changed password, phone line is active and number correct but issue remains, my router is BT Smart Hub (6) and PN will not support.

Error seen in event log is:

"PPPoE connection could not be established. Login failed but there was no detailed information delivered by the radius server."

Google gave me a couple of suggestions including some of above along with leaving router disconnected for an hour but again problem remains.

Overall, I have not had a problem prior to the 'Local Issues' from last night and now router will not connect with correct details.

Any ideas from anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: PPP0E Connection could not be established

@Richiow Welcome to the forum.

What is the light on your Smarthub showing?

Probably totally coincidentally I have just come off the phone from a relative and her Smarthub had without warning lost the Plusnet log in credentials and reverted to the default BT ones. Have you checked yours?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Richiow

It is Orange and my username and password had reset to default, has been re-entered (several) times but still unable to connect.

Just about to test with a Draytek and fresh cables to eliminate 'inside' factors before Openreach come out.

My thoughts are that its an issue related to the down time last night.

Richiow

For info - This was resolved after a call out from Openreach.

Was told that there was a problem with the cabinet/exchange hardware which was replaced and in doing so required my line/account to be rebuilt, from testing on my line it was trying to sync with another phone number which was why my router with correct U&P was not syncing.

Took 30 minutes from Openreach requesting this to be done for my fibre to be back up and running.

Ultiamtely I always knew this was an issue outside of the home but unfortuantely the first line support at Plusnet put the fault on the end user and regardless of my competancy on being able to enter in correct details because I had a non PN router they could see that line was ok.

Positive from this is that I now have a shiny new phone socket so do not need the ADSL filter.