cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP spinning after upgrade to fibre

Tomiswalking

PPP spinning after upgrade to fibre

After upgrading to fibre yesterday I have no Internet and the orange light is constantly on. When log in to the router ppp connecting constantly spins. Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: PPP spinning after upgrade to fibre

Hi @Tomiswalking 

Have you contacted Plusnet?

If you cannot get through on the phone, you could follow the online troubleshooting guide at:

https://faults.plus.net

You will need to log in with your member centre credentials.

Regards

Richard

Tomiswalking

Thanks for that! I have contacted plusnet twice today, took about an hour each time, long waiting times and being passed around. After they tryed factory resets they said someone will contact me in 48 hours.
Tomiswalking

I have factory reset the router and tried a different router. I'm wondering if the fault lies elsewhere.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Probably a routing issue in the Openreach network or the BT Wholesale network or an authentication issue in the Plusnet network.
Tomiswalking

Thanks @RichardB I dont know about these things. Any tips on how I should proceed? The customer service lines are so busy at the mo' but we have 4 people here trying to do their jobs using Internet during lockdown!
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

If my guesses are correct, you will have wait for Openreach/BT/Plusnet to fix the problem.
As you sound to be working from home, perhaps a backup method of accessing the internet is required.
Most mobile phone networks provide unlimited data packages but check the fair usage policys.
There is often a cap in the high hundreds of gigabytes.
There are introductory and cashback deals which significantly reduce the cost.