Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Staff: Session Reset Please

Q_
Dabbler

PN Staff: Session Reset Please

Hi

Could someone from Plusnet please have a look at my connection. It looks like I may have a stale PPP session that is preventing me from connecting. I've tried two modem routers but can't clear the fault my end.

The connection had been working fine until about 9.15am when it just dropped out completely. I tried changing DNS servers but I'm just getting PPP errors in my connection logs with timeouts waiting for PADO packets.

Thanks

Q

5 REPLIES 5
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: PN Staff: Session Reset Please

Hi @Q_,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your broadband service.

After testing the line, your connection appears to be affected by a major service outage and our suppliers have provided us an estimated completion time of 9PM today. Please note that this is an estimate and is subject to change. If you are experiencing any further issues past this time, don't hesitate to get back in touch and we will provide a closer update.

Thank you .

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Q_
Dabbler

Thanks for the heads-up. The fibre cabinet at the end of our street was damaged weeks ago and all BT did was wrap it in plastic and secure the plastic with a couple of bungee cords. Maybe the problem is related to their inability to fix/repair the initial damage Sad

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Q_ 

Without knowing exactly what the issue is/was, I wouldn't like to comment - but a damaged Fibre cabinet could well cause an MSO. 

Please let us know once you are back up and running! 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Q_
Dabbler

The broadband is back on but the connection seems a little flakey. Hopefully it'll stay connected and will settle down.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for that @Q_ 

Looks like there has been a connection for the past 50 minutes - if you start noticing drops et al. then let us know - but hopefully things should be good going forward. 

Thanks again, 

MoR