cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE help , changing router to

graham001

PLEASE help , changing router to

I have recently (yesterday) had the new modem and Technicolor FIBRE  router fitted with my new fibre PN BB (extra) installation, i gave the bt engineer TWO x  TG 582n pro  routers  and unused  BT hub  from previous ISPs.. FOR RECYCLING. my previous routers where terrible in my small terraced  house, because of the thick stone walls. though i must say - my net- bot signal shows better signal from my neighbours routers than from my previous  Technicolor TG 582n's  at 2 metres. The new Technicolor fibre router is no better for signal. So I have been out and bought A airport extreme 2TB TC.(latest). I have tried connecting directly  to modem as per set up. done power downs resets of airport extreme.  but i must be doing something wrong because i can't get connected. please could anyone give a step by step idiot guide . i have used my PN account username when asked for  and pass . which i have checked and are OK.
BUT JUST CANT GET A CONNECTION TO INTERNET . ERRORS ON AIRPORT UTILTY SAY : combination are most/ all of :  no internet, incorrect PPPoe details, no DNS, cannot connect to server.
it taring my hair out
PLEASE HELP.

graham 001 
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: PLEASE help , changing router to

Hi graham001, are you entering the username in the format 'username@plusdsl.net'?
See: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi graham001,
Following the AirPort Extreme setup guide and entering the information given in the link provided by w23 should allow you to make a connection.
Good luck, feel free to let us know how you get on.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I've got an Airport Extreme running, so there is no compatibility issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
graham001

many thanks
to every one worked, must fill in DNS details