cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outages during last week

stuartsharp
Grafter

Outages during last week

My PN connection is normally very stable & reliable, with low latency and barely any packet loss.
Starting last Sunday (the 14th), I've had three occasions where the packet loss has gone through the roof for several hours, followed by a complete loss of service. The second time was on Thursday and the most recent was just now (Saturday evening). Each time this has happened, I've checked my OR modem and found it still connected, with the DSL light on steady, but I've had to wait between 10 minutes and a couple of hours before I've been able to reestablish my connection to PN. My latency and connection speed have been completely unaffected throughout (except while I've been down, obviously  Wink ).
Is anyone else aware of these issues or experienced the same, please? I thought the first time was just a service blip, but three outages in the same week is rather more than I've come to expect.
Cheers,
Stu
2 REPLIES 2
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Outages during last week

Next time it happens, try a quiet line test (dial 17070) and see if you have any noise on the line.
stuartsharp
Grafter

Re: Outages during last week

Thanks for your reply. As stated, it's not a line issue because my modem isn't dropping connection, it's the remote gateway that I'm losing.
Spoke to my next door neighbour this morning and it turns out he's having exactly the same trouble with his BT retail fibre - we've both been down all this morning.
PN weren't much help other than telling me they couldn't see a problem at their end and trying to convince me my router was faulty. My neighbour has had a different experience - his support identified an exchange fault and arranged for BTOR to attend on Tuesday. Hopefully my problems will be solved then, despite my own ISP's ineptitude.
PN would do well to learn from their parent company and be more productive in resolving issues, rather than blaming their customers and treating them like idiots.