Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in MK3 area ?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Outage in MK3 area ?

Note for FTTC users, do not reboot the BT modem - just the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Julieannh90

I have no connection in greater Manchester. Unimpressed nephew who was playing online on his new game when it happened this morning. Not been able to reconnect since.  Undecided
sirchinny
Dabbler

I live in Manchester, and my friend who works for Openreach advised me to switch off the OR modem for 2 minutes. Tried this, booted the router back up and I reconnected.
Hope this helps.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I do hope that has not "hit" your synch rate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sirchinny
Dabbler

Quote from: Townman
I do hope that has not "hit" your synch rate.

Good point. Just done a speed test and I seemed to have gained 1.5 M. Not all bad then.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Mine went down about 10.15, I was on Pcl bng-04. It came back about 20 minutes ago, now on Pcl-bng01. I did absolutely nothing to either my modem or router, as advised by the recorded message on the PN support #.
Method0ne
Grafter

Just got up, about to get sorted for work and figured I'd check the forums after my issues this morning (thread locked since then) and from what it appears I've still got issues, don't know how long I've been offline but have to assume most of the day since I've just had to reboot the router again to get a connection and it still took a good 5 minutes to get that.
This major service issue is new since I experienced issues this morning though.. Fingers crossed I don't have to contend with no internet while I'm off work this week...
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Is there any chance of some sort of update as to what happened yesterday? So far there has been no staff input, either on here or on the ADSL thread.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No staff input - well there were none around when things were broken.
We've not heard anything about the previous events, so I doubt we will hear anything about this one.  Personally I suspect that there is a major flaw in the Juniper equipment and PlusNET are commercially gagged from telling the truth as such disclosure would be detrimental to Juniper.  This is conjecture, but that is what silence breads.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: Townman
This is conjecture, but that is what silence breads.

thought that was contempt...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

what the devil has this to do with bread making  Crazy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Embarrassed Sometimes my spelling lets my eloquence down  Embarrassed

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: markeagles1973
Anyone having problems with no fibre in Milton Keynes this morning ?

If your FTTC is fixed, you might have other issues (assuming you're on Bradwell Abbey) - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134520.msg1177346.html#new