cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Unlimited fibre extra getting only 38mb download

Kulj1982
Hooked

Ordered Unlimited fibre extra getting only 38mb download

I recently upgraded to Unlimited fibre extra upto 76mb download speed but i am only getting download speed of 38mb. Before the upgrade i was on unlimited fibre and i was getting 52mb.

When i spoke to the person in sales he said if i upgraded i would get speeds upto 71mb.

By upgrading my speeds are now slower than what i was on previously. I would like to be put on the service which i am paying for.

8 REPLIES 8
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Ordered Unlimited fibre extra getting only 38mb download

Hi @Kulj1982

I have just tested your line and services and can see that your router is syncing with our Network at around about 42Mbps which is within the 29.1-  42.7Mbps Estimated Speed Range our supplier has provided for your line.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 42.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 625.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-04-24T12:30:00

I have placed an open ticket on your account which goes into this is more details as to what you are able to do in these circumstances.
Please click here to view it.

Thanks,

Alisdair

Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@MasterOfReality

Is the customer on the right profile? I notice that GEA test shows a profile of 0.128M-49M Downstream, but @Kulj1982 says that he has recently upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra which surely should be a profile of 0.128M-80M Downstream?

If he is only able to get a max of 42.7 Mbps, surely he should have been advised that there was no point in upgrading?

And if that is his max speed, why was he told that he could get up to 71 Mbps?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I was also wondering what product is the OP is on, it  doesn't look like fibre extra. The profiles are strange, downstream is 49 Mbps which would appear to be a banded profile and the upstream is 10Mbps but should be 20Mbps unless it is banded as well. These GEA tests are not very helpful when checking lines as the time stamp is the 24th of April so maybe the upgrade had not even happened then. Also when Retransmission high is active the sync speed reported in the test is significantly lower than the actual sync speed reported by the modem leading to more confusion. 

Unfortunately the OP will never get 71Mbps so I don't know how sales came up with that figure.Huh

Kulj1982
Hooked

I feel that my speeds are now slower than before. Have plusnet put me on the wrong ip profile or was i upgraded to package where speeds were not available. I should be on 80/20 profile but i am on 40/10 which slower then my previous speed of 52/10.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

What does this say should be available to you? https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Kulj1982
Hooked

These are the speeds on the checker. But i am getting no where near these speeds. I think i am on th wrong ip profile i should be on 80/20 but i am on 40/10 but plusnet don't agree.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 71.4 49 18.6 12.4 42.7 Available -- --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 56.8 35 16.4 8.5 29.1 Available -- --  

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --  

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 18 -- 15.5 to 20 Available -- --  
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 18 Up to 1.5 15.5 to 20 Available -- --  
ADSL Max Up to 7 -- 6 to 8 Available -- --  
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --  
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --  

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  

Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap N            
VRI N            
NTEFaceplate N            
Last Test Date 27-04-2018            

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I agree it looks  like you have gone from 55/10 to 40/10. Hopefully someone from Plusnet will come along and sort this out. It looks to me that the promise of up to 71Mbps was a con as I doubt that you will get much improvement on your original 55Mbps download. If you are happy with 10Mbps upload I would suggest that you ask Plusnet to put your service back to where it was as you have been given an over optimistic estimate of the advantage of upgrading.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Kulj1982

I've just revisited this for you and updated your open ticket here

If you could come back to me with the requested information, we'll get this progressed.

Best wishes,

Dave