cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra - only getting Unlimited Fibre Speeds

SimonDunant

Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra - only getting Unlimited Fibre Speeds

I don't know why but no-one at customer services email or phone seems to understand my question so I'm hoping that someone here can give me an answer.

I recently upgraded from PN ADSL to Unlimited Fibre Extra, however I consistently (i.e. literally every time I do a speed test) get 36mb download and 10mb upload results from the speed checker. Every day at many various times of day I've run the speed test and it's exactly the same - 36/10 every single time.

There's no variation in the results at any time, I've connected via ethernet and wifi, always exactly the same - no wild variations and it never goes over 36/10.

It feels like I've been put on Unlimited Fibre instead of Unlimited Fibre Extra. I understand in the first 10 days there is a settling down period and I should expect fluctuations dropout even though I'm not getting any of these, just the same 36/10 reading on speed tests. If there were fluctuations, surely at some point I should be getting more than 36 / less than 36 but it's not it's always the same fixed result - 36/10?

Support have said that I should expect:

At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:

Download: 47 - 67Mb
Upload: 12 - 18Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 41.9Mb

as you can see I don't have the ability to get these speeds at any time of the day, it seems the connection just maxes out at 36/10 consistently on speed tests. I don't see how i can explain this any clearer?

Is any of the more learned people from Plusnet on this forum able to advise please whether my installation has been put on the correct Unlimited Fibre Extra or not?

3 REPLIES 3
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra - only getting Unlimited Fibre Speeds

Hi @SimonDunant. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
SimonDunant

The web site you are directing me to faults.plus.net just hangs, what is the point in directing me to a page that doesn't work?

Could someone please simply answer my question.

Every other ISP I've had to deal with in the past has ended up as a managing director complaint, I hope that as a new customer I don't have to raise one for this issue this early on in our business relationship...

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@SimonDunant Your fault has been raised on your account here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team