cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra 68-80Mbps but got ADSL 12Mbps?

Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra 68-80Mbps but got ADSL 12Mbps?

Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra 68-80Mbps, but got ADSL 12Mbps after 3 weeks, is this normal?
Had to have the phone line reconnected which took a couple of weeks.
Got an e-mail my internet was now working.
When I complained I had phone, but no internet, I was told broadband had not been ordered for my line which took another week.
Now the internet is working after 3 weeks wait, but it's at old ADSL G.992.5 Annex A speed.
Is it normal to be put on ADSL before fibre is activated or has someone messed up my order again?
Thanks.  Crazy
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra 68-80Mbps but got ADSL 12Mbps?

Could be there's a lack of capacity at the Cab for Fibre, so you've been provisioned on ADSL whilst they wait for BT Openreach to expand the capacity .
Doesn't excuse the lack of telling you what's going on though Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Argh, I think you might be right, just had a txt...
"I've placed your fibre order for you and requested the 16/02/16. Once we receive confirmation of the date your service will go active we will let your know."
I hope they're not trying to trick me into a 18 month contract for bog standard ADSL by pushing out my order beyond the 14 days distance selling regulation!  Crazy
scottymc
Grafter

You would be able to upgrade to fibre with PlusNet anytime through your contract....... I did..
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Doglet
I hope they're not trying to trick me into a 18 month contract for bog standard ADSL by pushing out my order beyond the 14 days distance selling regulation!  Crazy

Sadly those 14 days start when you place the order, not from when you're connected. So even if you were given Fibre on the 15th day and locked in to an 18 month contract and the fibre was not performing to your expectations / requirements you'd be out of luck.
Fingers crossed everything goes right for you and you have a happy experience.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)