cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order to upgrade to FTTC, but no router yet.

smashstuff
Dabbler

Order to upgrade to FTTC, but no router yet.

Hello there, I put an order in to change to Fibre from ASDL along with a router last Wednesday, and the e-mail said it was due to changeover on 20 March, but I've yet to receive the router.  Could someone check that a router has been sent to me?

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Order to upgrade to FTTC, but no router yet.

Hi @smashstuff,

Thank you for getting in touch. I've checked your account and unfortunately it's showing that the router hasn't been ordered yet. I'm very sorry for this oversight and I've passed on feedback internally about this.

I've ordered your router now and I've waived the postage and packaging charge as a goodwill gesture due to this not being ordered sooner. The router will be sent via First Class Royal Mail so hopefully it will arrive shortly, though we advise to allow 3-5 working days for delivery.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that your current router will work with the fibre broadband as this'll only work with a VDSL compatible router. Please get in touch once you've received the new router and we'll arrange a pro-rata refund of your broadband subscription charges for the days that you've been unable to use your service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
smashstuff
Dabbler

Thank you very much Emily.  If it switiches to Fibre tomorrow (20th) I can live without the interwebs for a few days!  Many thanks for your help!

smashstuff
Dabbler

Hello again, router has been received and is working, thank you, but still no Fibre Broadband, still on ASDL.  The dsl checker says there is an open order til 29 March, so it could be fine, but the e-mail said the changeover would be 20 March.   Any news appreciated!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @smashstuff

The order on this one has indeed been pushed back to the 29th, so I'd fully expect you to be receiving fibre speeds by the end of that date - feel free to plug in the new router in readiness - it will work with both ADSL and Fibre.

Best wishes

Dave

smashstuff
Dabbler

Thank you Randall, router is plugged in and waiting!  Thanks for the information!