cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Timescales

ryanthelion84

Order Timescales

Afternoon All,
Now, I appreciate timescales are likely to vary, but I was just trying to get a general understanding of how things will move along throughout my fibre B/B order.
Fibre rollout in our village has recently gone live as part of the CSW Superfast Broadband rollout literally this week  ;D, but as residents understand it, there may only be 100 or so lines into the cabinet that are suitable for FTTC and so people are rushing to try and get their packages sorted, with mixed success.
I ordered via Plusnet yesterday afternoon so am just shy of 24hrs into my order and presently my order status is shown as 'checking details'. - I'm assuming this stage is unlikely to take more than 48-72hrs before we move onto line checks?
As far as line checks are concerned, I am also wondering what the process defines will happen next if an issue is found and how/by whom/at what cost is that solved.
Any help appreciated!
Regards,
R Harris  Cool
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Order Timescales

Hi,
The main reason behind the line check is to make sure that we have the option to provide the requested service on the line. In this case, fibre.
I can see that since making this post you've spoken to one of my colleagues and they've provided you with the date for the engineer. Welcome to Plusnet and the Community forums
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Order Timescales

To answer your generic questions, rather than the specific one about your order...
It depends on the cabinet, where the absolute limit can be between 96 and 288 subscribers.
Initially, BT usually provide only 1 or 2 linecards in the cabinet; when the initial setup is full, the checker will report no availability until someone has installed a new card. Depending on the type of cab, there are 32, 48 or 64 subscribers per linecard - so there can be a few interruptions to availability.
A separate resource exists in the tie pairs - the copper cables between the FTTC cab and the PCP. BT tends to install 100 pairs initially, and 2 pairs are used for each order. When used up, a copper jointer will need to come back to install more - which can cause more temporary unavailability.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.