cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Orange light

All day today I’ve been getting the orange light on my router. At the moment it’s happening every couple of minutes.

I’ve got to say I’m disappointed in this service, first I had a fault for slow speeds which eventually got sorted and now this.
4 REPLIES 4
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Orange light

Hello @Crowen_2007

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. I'm sorry to read you've had some trouble with your connection and I apologise for the disruption caused. On testing the connection a fault has been detected so we'll need to go ahead an go through some troubleshooting steps first. If they don't help alleviate he issue we'll need to go ahead with an engineer appointment to the premises. 

Please can you run through our troubleshooting guides here If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here and let us know once this has been done?

Thanks. 

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply. Your link for the trouble shooting doesn’t work.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

My apologies please try this link @Crowen_2007

Thanks. 

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Today we haven’t had the orange light, but usually it does happen most days.

I’ve watched the video and my setup is already what it tells you to do in the video so I shall I just go straight to putting it in the test socket?