Did you mean: 

Orange Light / Red Flashing Light

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Orange Light / Red Flashing Light

Hi @seancowling,

I'm afraid the minimum lead time on a fibre order is 5 working days, but dependant on engineer availability, so you unfortunately won't be back online for fibre today.

As it stands, I'm awaiting on an email response from our suppliers regarding your phone order, however I'll be sure to provide updates as soon as I have more information on this.

Thanks for your continued patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB

Why would it be dependent on engineer availability? One has already visited when it was being set up, and I was getting my neighbours broadband through my router when the mistake had happened?

Thanks,

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Sorry to sound like a broken record (and I am aware this is not Plusnets fault), but any update?

Thanks,

Sean.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid fibre orders are dependant on engineer availability for external work. While it would make sense in my mind for it to be possible to simply switch this over remotely, I'm afraid this is not the case.

We'd place an order requesting completion for the minimum lead time and then later receive confirmation of the committed date, which could be a later date due to an engineer needing to complete external work at the exchange/cabinet to fulfil the fibre order.

I'm afraid I haven't received an update on the phone order yet, I am however still monitoring my emails for a response/update and will be sure to update the ticket as soon as I hear back.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB.

Read your update on Saturday re the date mix up. Please can you let me know if this has been progressed now?

I've also updated the ticket.

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB,

Received note that the phone line is up and running again?

Please can you advise if the fibre order has been progressed?

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi.

Is this ticket/thread being monitored?

Sean

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @seancowling,

@HarryB has a personal ticket on your account so it's being monitored that way. 

FYI while the line has gone active today we can't currently place the fibre order yet, because the line stats have to update (this generally takes anything between a couple of hours - overnight). 

As soon as we're able to place your fibre order we'll ensure it's placed and let you know. 

seancowling
Rising Star

Okay, thanks @JOLO.

@HarryB, have the records updated? This is beginning to drag on a bit.

Thanks for continued help.

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Unsure if @HarryB is in just now, or if indeed anyone else is monitoring this if he is not?

If he is not in can someone please check to see if we are able to raise the fibre order yet? That's nearly a week since the line stopped and still no further with the fibre order being processed!!

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi.

I've tried to speak to someone on the live chat but they advise that I need to speak to the provisioning team, and they aren't available on live chat. I do not have time to call up and speak to them and try and move this along myself.

If the person who has been assigned to my ticket is not available today for whatever reason, can someone else please look and the ticket and place the fibre order ASAP?

This is really dragging on now, and considering I rely on the broadband to respond to work emails at home, is incredibly frustrating.

Sean.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @seancowling,

I started at 13:30 today, after catching up on emails, your account was one of the first things I checked today and I made sure the order was placed as soon as possible having seen that the fibre availability records had updated since leaving the office yesterday.

The ticket is still in my personal tickets pool and I will continue to monitor this and send confirmation of the expected activation date via the ticket once our suppliers have confirmed this for us, so you wouldn't need to call us for updates, as I'll be providing updates as soon as they're available to me and I've seen them.

I appreciate it's a frustrating situation to be in and I can assure you I'm doing all I can to get you back online as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB

Appreciate that, and your help in getting the problem fixed.

Apologies for the frustration.

Sean.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Sean, it's understandable given the circumstances. Hopefully we're not waiting too much longer to get you back online.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seancowling
Rising Star

@HarryB,

Updated the ticket this morning.

Thanks.

Sean.