Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light / Red Flashing Light

seancowling
Rising Star

Orange Light / Red Flashing Light

Hi,

Woke up this morning to the big light on my fiber router showing orange, and the "b" broadband light flashing red. I quickly went through the trouble shooting steps before having to leave for work, but got as far as being told to plug in a phone. I do not have a landline in the flat and so cannot check with that. It also suggested I am a new customer which I am not (if I was I would have cancelled a long time ago).

Can someone please look into this for me ASAP? I've had a lot of problems with Plusnet when I moved home before Christmas so I am not willing (nor do I have the time) to spend hours on the phone to Plusnets "customer service" representatives.

Sean.

35 REPLIES 35
seancowling
Rising Star

Re: Orange Light / Red Flashing Light

I have also added a comment on my only "open" question, Question #184633090.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

seancowling
Rising Star

I think this is more a problem with my account, as I cannot currently check my broadband usage on my account. I get a message saying that "This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period".

Are you a Plusnet employee?

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi,

I've spoken to [CSA Removed] on Chat (see Question 187474499) and it looks like Talk Talk have tried to "slam" the line. I did not ask for this and have never spoken to Talk Talk (which I've explained). I think the issue may be the neighbor trying to set up a new broadband account and giving the incorrect flat number resulting in my account being cancelled.

I'm talking to [CSA Removed] on the phone tomorrow to get my account back and running, but I was hoping to confirm on here that I will not be charged any "cancellation fee" or anything similar for this problem, as it is not of my doing (and not Plusnets doing either)?

Is there any safeguards to stop this from happening again, as it is a fair bit of an inconvenience?

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

seancowling
Rising Star

@Strat my apologies for the CSA name. I was unaware that was against Forum Rules.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @seancowling, thanks for your post.

I can confirm that if your line was ceased due to a 'slamming' issue, any cancellation charges automatically generated will of course be waived.

If it helps, I've checked the billing on the account and can't see any cancellation fees or anything out of the ordinary, so please don't worry.

As to your hypothesis on how this has happened - In my experience it is indeed usually a new neighbour trying to set up their line.

seancowling
Rising Star

Thanks for confirming @OskarPapa.

Other than speaking to my neighbor (and any future neighbors) is there any way to avoid this happening again? The first I had heard of the line being cancelled/swapped was this morning when I spoke to the CSA.

The CSA who I spoke to earlier suggested I might be without broadband for up to 10 days, and considering this is not as a result of something I have done it is quite frustrating. Is there anyway to prioritize the line being set up again? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

In the majority of cases you should receive an e-mail advising that a request to transfer the line has been received however this doesn't appears to have happened for you.

With regards to speeding things up I'm afraid that as the line is active with another provider we'd be bound by Ofcom regulations which means the transfer would have to take the usual 10 working days.

The good news is that the provider who slammed you appears to have realized their mistake and placed an order to cease the line which is due to complete on the 20th.

I've took this on personally for you and once their order to cease the line completes I'll place the orders to reactivate the line and get you up and running as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

So why didn't an email come through? At least that way I might have been able to do something about it before now.

I spoke to my neighbor so I think they told Talk Talk about the mistake rather than Talk Talk realising it themselves.

I had spoken to a CSA yesterday who is meant to phone today at 8:30am so hopefully the situation becomes a bit clearer then.

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

Just spoke to the CSA who had raised Question 187484499. He has started the order for the new account/line. Thought I would mention so that we are all on the same page and not doing anything twice.

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @seancowling, it looks like there's a cease on the line scheduled for 20/02/19.

We'll have to wait for this to complete before we can place orders to re-provide the services, but I've escalated the ticket on the account to myself to monitor this and place the orders as soon as possible for you.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB,

Line cease due to complete today. I have updated ticket # 187513893 on my new account about this as well.

When do you expect this will complete, and I will have Plusnet broadband again?

Sean.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @seancowling, thanks for your post.

Once the orders are placed, we'll have an activation date for you within 48 working hours.

Until that point I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise a date on when it's actually going to be working for you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @HarryB,

Any news on Ticket 187513893? 

I'll be away from work for the weekend within the next 3 hours so will lose access to be able to track this, if the broadband isn't back up and running before then!

Thanks,

Sean.