cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opposing results when using BT's Fibre Where and When checker.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Opposing results when using BT's Fibre Where and When checker.

When using http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ and entering my postcode I get told fibre is in the area (a ? icon) but I can't order and they suggest I contact my provider. Thinking this is wrong I enter my phone number and sure enough the search changes to the ES icon.
Am I missing something here?
12 REPLIES 12
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Opposing results when using BT's Fibre Where and When checker.

The Superfast Where and When Checker has issues  Lips_are_sealed
If you think you can order fibre, use this checker to confirm - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
If that checker is not showing any fibre options, post your exchange/cabinet number.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AndyH.
It does, even after it's 'upgrade'. Anyway, as I suspected no chance of Fibre, what a bummer.
AndyH
Grafter

Which exchange/cabinet?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it doesn't matter as there is no fibre at all available in the exchange but may becoming 1st or 2nd Quarter of 2016!
AndyH
Grafter

I can probably tell you if it's FTTC/P - but if it's not part of BT's commercial plans/BDUK, then the dates are anyone's guess.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AndyH,
I don't mean to sound ungrateful or disrespectful but how can you tell me anything different? Unless you're a BT Employee of course.
AndyH
Grafter

There are some people who have access to certain rollout information - you don't have to be an employee of any BT Group company.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that's fair enough, but according to this :
http://www.openreach.co.uk/coming_soon
My exchange isn't even on the list, but a neighbour told me about the 2016 date, so I've swallowed that with a pinch of salt!

AndyH
Grafter

This is probably your most accurate source of information - http://www.digitalscotland.org/whereandwhen
Openreach stopped giving out general timescales as they kept slipping.
Edit: I should add you can probably contact Digital Scotland for a more up to date answer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, appreciated. But now to add insult to injury I'm an EO line which I know makes matters worse.
AndyH
Grafter

Well on the positive side, there will be a fairly decent chance you're set to get FTTP at some point.
It all depends on whether your area/property are part of Digital Scotland's rollout plans. If they're committed to rolling out superfast to all houses in your area, then it should be good news.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Digital Scotland plans to extend fibre broadband coverage in this area. Work under the Digital Scotland programme means that the first premises in this area are currently expected to receive fibre broadband in the period July to December 2016. Please note that engineering plans and delivery timescales depend on many factors and can be subject to change.{/quote]
Well this is positive, but just as well I had that pinch of salt earlier!