Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Openreach

Fibre installed today.
Yesterday BT phoned to check I would be in today.
Today the engineer phoned to say the phone would be disconnected and would visit in the next 30 minutes (which he did)
Changed the box and then gave me a card with a free phone number to contact in the next 72 hours if there was a problem.
During the course of our conversation it emerged that he is employed by BT on zero contract hours and only gets paid on completed jobs so if someone was out or there was a problem in connecting them for any reason he does not get paid for the visit.
I Have no idea if BT use a similar system of zero hours contracts across the country but if so it might explain why some people fail to get a visit despite an arranged appointment.
Everything works ok so, so far a happy customer.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Openreach

Zero Hours, what a curse on humanity. Angry
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I think this is the case for Kelly Communications engineers and other contractors but I'm not sure.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Worst are the poor workers of a company that rhymes with "spots delect", the way these guys get treated is criminal, Ive been in their and the manager shouts out orders over a walkie talkie and gets very aggressive. I once was at till and manager told cashier over walkie talkie " Sell the bags, Sell Sell", I promptly said NO.
The staff openly get searched whilst leaving shop with customers there. I saw a worker lifting her top to show she is not hiding anything.
Shocking Company
plusbg
Grafter

Matthew - can PN do ***something*** here - if Openreach Engineers are treated this way, it's inhumane and, to me, quite frankly heartbreaking - this dude has to feed himself and maybe even his family 🙂