Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach seem to have mixed my problem with neighbour - next door

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Openreach seem to have mixed my problem with neighbour - next door

I finally got fibre installed on 12/11/14 and my router arrived next day. On Friday 14/11 in the, morning my neighbour said their line had gone dead and used my phone to divert their calls to me. Later the same day my line went down!
On Sat 15 phoned Plusnet and ticket 94687657 was raised.
Yesterday 17/11 Openreach worked on my neighbours ticket and fixed at least a couple of line faults. This half fixed mine - I can connect but there is a lot of noise  -I am heard clearly but I mainly hear crackles. The Openreach bod told my neighbour that he couldn't fix mine, as it was a different ticket , but the fault was probably in the same flooded manhole pit. This was not the one I was connected to but the next one going towards the cabinet. He thought mine would probably be fixed today (18/11)
Within an hour or so of him saying this I got a voice mail from BT saying my line was back to normal, and referring me to their website and telling me about my homehub! I checked and my neighbour, who is with BT and has a homehub, hadn't had a call!
I have added the information to the ticket but as it this is on hold until the 21/11/14  I fear  it won't be picked up until then. Meanwhile the  speed is dropping due to all the noise.
Can someone give the ticket a nudge if I am correct in my concerns.
Wuz
The village also lost EE for about 2 days up to about 10:00 yesterday  - guess who my mobile is with?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Openreach seem to have mixed my problem with neighbour - next door

Dial 17070 and make sure it tells you the correct number!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 65

Hi Wuz,
Sorry to hear about this (and your mobile) it sounds like you're having more than your fair share of bad luck at the moment!
I'll get this chased with our suppliers for you and get an update added to ticket 4687657 shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Adam,
Thanks for that.
On the day I was connected to fibre two Openreach vans turned up at 9:00 and opened the manhole beside my pole. I asked whether they connecting me and when they said no, I asked if they were looking for copper or aluminium. They said there would be trouble if they found any aluminium. Due to demand for lines they were trying to run more copper lines up the valley.
The same contractor who installed my neighbour's fibre, a week before, turned up later and seemed to have done a good job.
However the man who fixed all the problems for my next door neighbour told him yesterday that there was still a lot of corroded aluminium! Although he was referring to the manhole slightly closer towards the cabinet .I am slightly worried.
I was told my line was copper a few years ago I hope they didn't mean just the first 50 yards!
My neighbour was also told the connection made in his house to the home-hub wasn't ideal but shouldn't have any adverse effect.
I suspect it will be sorted on Friday rather than tomorrow. I have to go out for half a day on one of those days and would appreciate a best guess as to the day. I know I don't have to be here but would prefer to be just in case something else goes wrong!
Regards,
Wuz