Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach not doing the job properly, avoiding of actually fixing the problem

FIXED
lupkina
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Openreach not doing the job properly, avoiding of actually fixing the problem

Where to start... i had issues before with my internet speeds, and all comes down to line faults... last Friday i reported a speed issue, that was supposed to be fixed on Monday.. it was reported fixed, but come this Friday its the same fault(maybe the speeds where slower even before Friday, but i did not notice).. i am getting exactly from 2 to 4 Mbps download and this is the 2nd weekend i have poor internet and we are paying for fibre and used to get 15Mbps at some point it was even 18 Mbps....

What i noticed that when i am changing providers the first few months i dont have big issues and the speeds are as promised but the longer into the contract the slower the speeds... Also people in my area are complaining about noise in the phone lines this is the 2nd year round here as long as ive been living here.

I think that Openreach is trying to avoid to fix the real issues and trying to ride a dead Donkey so to say. I have been seeing their vans almost every week now on my street and what happens is 1 persons problems get solved but for another person the problems start and so it goes round and round, they are cherry picking who will get to have good internet and who does nto as obviously they struggle to provide quality for everyone, but every person is paying for the service to work properly! I am not getting Fibre, i am getting just broadband, and i would like to be compensated for the downtime, and i would like Plusnet to inform Openreach that maybe its about time to fix the real problem, as one engineer said to my Neighbor, that fixing the line requires to invest money that no company wants to do, so they just keep on managing what is available. Internet is not a luxury anymore, its like electricity and heating and i would  very much like to actually get the speeds i was promised and the service i am paying for and not left hanging with speeds slower and less reliable then i can get on my Phone!

12 REPLIES 12
lupkina
Dabbler

Re: Openreach not doing the job properly, avoiding of actually fixing the problem

PS. My Neighbor did not notice that she gets slower speeds then shes actually paying for, she was getting 4Mbps instead of the 10 she was paying for and it was only when we talked i said to complain about it, and what happened is now i am getting constant slow speeds but she gets her 10, because she said she would cancel the contract with her provider that is Sky.... and i figured that they might have switched us! I know its possible because when i had 18Mbps speeds my line was dropping and was not stable but and engineer said that he switched me to a different slower line that game a stable 15Mbps at that time. So what needs to happen so i get my speeds back, should i really use my right to cancel the contract with Plusnet as i am getting less then the speeds promised and then magically get my problem fixed because suddenly someone will start to care?

pittdj70
Dabbler

Re: Openreach not doing the job properly, avoiding of actually fixing the problem

I think that Openreach is trying to avoid to fix the real issues and trying to ride a dead Donkey so to say. 

I would second that. My theory is that Openreach does not want to bothered fixing copper, something that will go away as FTTP arrives.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I can see our suppliers are investigating and the job has been passed to a underground engineer.

As soon as we know more we'll update you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lupkina
Dabbler

Fix

Good Morning i am really happy, that a engineer was sent out on a Sunday Morning he himself he did not expect to be here on a Sunday, he did his job and just left, but the speed is back to the original 18Mbps that i haven't seen since the first days with Plusnet and the Ping is nice and low and upload is fine considering the state of the line. I noticed i had no internet this morning, but there was already a Openreach van parked in front of my house and the engineer in the car waved at me, Unlike the other engineer, this one actually came into the House to test where the issue lies and it turned out a cable just snapped in half some 200 meters from the house as soon as he touched it, why did the first engineer did not address this i have no idea but i am happy the issue was found and i am hoping that this fix will be lasting a while and that the cable wont do tricks again on some other part.

What i want to add is that i bit of heads up that an engineer would come today would have been nice as i opened the door in my Pjs Cheesy and my husband just went to bed after a long night shift.

Kind regards

Agnese Lupike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Agnese, I believe I've responded to you over Facebook and via the ticket on your account.

I'll reply to your post here too.

I'm glad to hear the problem with your connection was fixed on a Sunday.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback here. If you'd like to extend your thanks to the engineer him or herself, I'd recommend spending a few minutes filling out this form from the Openreach website: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c#

Apologies that we didn't provide you with notice of the visit. I have checked the fault report with Openreach and we weren't aware they'd be visiting you today. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

We'll be checking your connection in a weeks time to make sure things are still where they should be.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lupkina
Dabbler

Problem back again.. download is great but upload changes from non existent.. to max 0.5  and i had 1.1... and ping spikes up to 111...  why why cant this just be solved and be done with it...Also since the engineer came none have responded on the ticket in the plus net account....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like the troubleshooter you've completed a few hours ago has reported a potential line fault to Openreach.

We'd expect an engineer to be assigned within 72 hours. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lupkina
Dabbler

Inconvenience is a nice word to put it, because i cant play with my friends online 3 weekends straight.... and cant watch normally online streams without buffering... and not even Facebook works properly ... its like the stone age or something :D.I was looking forward to a nice Diablo season start in November i srsly hope its gonna be fixed by then... Even the PlayStation shouts out to me network error more then i can bare it.

Next time the engineer comes, pls monitor the line for a week or so, and dont close the ticket just because he said he fixed the fault... close it when everything seems stable a week or so, because its an ongoing problem with the line so far, not 3 separate occasions.I know when the line was at its most stable it was 15 Mbps up to 18 Mbps down 1.1 UP and 16 ping.  Now it pushes 19Mbps down 0.1 up and 111ping...  just make it work balance it out so the service quality i get is somewhat stable, me contacting Plusnet every single week is a sign its not stable at all.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see a engineer went out last week.

How have things been since then as I can see you haven't updated the ticket for about a week or so?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lupkina
Dabbler

Hi, we where away.The internet seems to be stable so far, its the 1st day we are testing it.Fingers crossed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear!

Keep us posted.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lupkina
Dabbler

3 weeks from that having issues again, cant do troubleshooting as its on maintenance. Upload is really poor and the connection does not seem stable dropping out of online games and dropping internet connection, a week ago the speed was 21 down now its 17 and upload is between 0.21 and 0.55.  On top of that my husband said he received a email addressed to him that says starting from November the upload speeds are gonna be from 1.9 up to 9.8... well its not even close to those 1.9 at starters. Its another weekend ruined as i dont know when this is going to be fixed. Not even a whole month has passed and i need to report issues....  Regards

Agnese