cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach modem adaptor

Lwio
Rising Star

Openreach modem adaptor

Yesterday my broadband went down. I performed the usual checks, restarted the router, modem etc. No go. I checked the service status, nothing reported.
On the modem the dsl light was off, lan and power on. I tried restarting the modem again. This time no lights came on. So I tried an old netgear router adaptor 12v dc 1a.
The lights came back on dsl light included. So it looks like the adaptor was on its last legs and finally went. I’ll keep an eye on the adaptor but since it has the appropriate rating and is a far more substantial beast than the old one I’m sure it will be fine.
So if you run into a similar problem try an old adaptor making sure it’s rated correctly, it could save time and frustration waiting for a new one.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Openreach modem adaptor

Cheers for posting, you might benefit from getting in touch with our customer options team as it's likely we can offer an all-in-one Plusnet Hub one if you recontract with us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lwio
Rising Star

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind in case the modem finally dies.
I do like my 2 Apple Extreme routers though, 1 one on a bridge.
Does anyone know if openreach charges for a new modem if it does fail?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Openreach don't supply the modems anymore. So you would need to look at buying your own in case of failure to the existing one.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT