cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach have failed us once again

alexp999
Dabbler

Openreach have failed us once again

Was really looking forward to getting over to Plusnet today.
It was supposed to be the day we left Sky behind and finally joined Plusnet. The phone seems to have switched fine, but the fibre broadband has not and no engineer visited.
We had the same problem when we switched from BT Infinity to Sky Fibre last time, and it ended up taking weeks with either no connection or very slow ADSL in the interim. Why are Openreach so inept at handling a fibre switch over?
If I remember rightly Sky had to go to great trouble and do it as a new fibre install to get it through the system. That was 2 years ago, I had really expected it to have moved on since then. I just hope it is not going to be the same getting Plusnet Fibre up and running....
I'm probably going to loose out on my cashback (AGAIN) because the order will have to be cancelled and re-placed manually. Sad
8 REPLIES 8
glenmarlow
Dabbler

migration woes half sorted ticket number 95770958

Hi,  I was due to migrate from tt fibre to plusnet fibre fri the 5th.   A appointment was made for the 5th but engineer failed to show and my connection remained on tt.  (now I am not sure why I needed an appointment as fibre connection, sockets and bt modem  are in place from previous fibre)
I called plusnet and they said they would check and get back to me,  they did call this morning saying there was a problem with the line its been escalated and someone will get back to me 24-48hrs. ticket number 95770958
Today around 3 pm 08122014 my internet went off(wife called)  so when I got home I checked and bt modem was still lit up,  so I reconfigured my router to connect to plusnet fibre and up it came so it would appear someone at the exchange has pulled there finger out,  however my speeds are 6 down 7 up,  is there a time period in which this should change or is it more likely the order is still not complete or there is still a problem?
any advice appreciated
thanks
Glen
alexp999
Dabbler

Re: migration woes half sorted

Sounds like the same issues we are having switching from Sky fibre. Phone has gone across today but not the broadband. Just hope we are not left without a connection.
This happened two years ago when we tried to move from BT to sky. Open reach doesn't seem to be able to handle fibre switching for some unknown reason.
glenmarlow
Dabbler

Re: migration woes half sorted ticket number 95770958

Half answering my own question here but accordino to ip I am def over to plus net and poss due to dlm my speeds have picked up over night however my account shows I'm fibre at 0mb down 0mb up and if I try to purchase a 12 month line rental it tells me the package doesn't support this option so don't think it's quite right just yet but at least we have phone line and Internet for now so it's not all bad.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: migration woes half sorted ticket number 95770958

Hi there
@glenmarlow
Your order has completed and I can see your connecting through us now so that should be working fine. With regards to the line rental saver due to the phone package your on you can't add this to your account. You would have to upgrade to a different phone product to take advantage of that.
@alexp999
Your order hasn't completed yet for your phone or your broadband according to our suppliers systems. We're getting that chased up for you now and we'll update you as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alexp999
Dabbler

Re: Openreach have failed us once again

Got back at lunch to find our internet disconnect (Sky).
Set up our old openreach modem from BT infinity and am now online with Plus.net.
I'll start a chat to see if everything is showing as complete now...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear its all up and running for you.
Our suppliers closed the order at 12:20 so both your phone and broadband are now with us.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alexp999
Dabbler

I'm glad it didn't take as long as last time!
I see a support ticket was raised, #95916654. Can you please close this now?
Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Done and done.
If anything else pops up feel free to let us know.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team