cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer failed to turn up

SRTJAllen

Openreach engineer failed to turn up

Arrived bank from holiday to find that whilst no one was in the house the fibre broadband had stopped working - phone working fine. Did all the checks that Plusnet requested and agreed that OpenReach need to come out. Couldn't arrange appointment as OpenReach had hold of the line as there were trying to resolve the situation reported - got told Plusnet would call back in 24 hrs (no call). Call Plusnet again to find out what was happening, told Openreach needed to come and check the line. Arranged an 8am - 1pm Slot (My Wife took the day off) no one turned up. 24 hours later I had to call Plusnet to find out what was going on to be told OpenReach needed to come out, appears that they though they could fix it remotely (OpenReach speak for not enough resources so forgot about you). Got to wait another 48 hours. 

If I miss a call they charge me £65 can I do the reverse if I fail to hear them knock on the door tomorrow

1 REPLY
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

Re: Openreach engineer failed to turn up

I've just checked as much as I can to ensure an engineer is booked in tomorrow and all of the systems we use for this are showing an AM appointment for the 21st.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff