Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer disconnected other plugs in my house

TeamGB
Dabbler

Openreach engineer disconnected other plugs in my house

Hi,

I had an openreach engineer visit my house back in November, he disconnected the additional plugs in my house to check if this was the cause of the issues on my line.

It turns out he never reconnected them so none of the other plugs in my house works, can you send an engineer to reconnect these.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Openreach engineer disconnected other plugs in my house

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see the engineer disconnected your extension sockets, because of a problem and didn't reconnect them following rectifying that problem by fitting a new master telephone socket.

I have raised an escalation with our suppliers regarding this. We should receive a response within the next 1 working day and we'll let you know when we have an update. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TeamGB
Dabbler

Hi,

I received a text asking for dates which I replied to but got nothing after, can we arrange this again?

Thanks 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @TeamGB,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I'm afraid that we didn't receive your response, which is why this was never picked back up. I've raised another ticket concerning this issue now, which can be viewed here.

Please be aware that responding to the automated email system that notifies you of the ticket's contents will not send a response back through to us and any responses raised will need to be done via the member centre link I have provided above. Once you've responded to the ticket, please let us know so we can pick this back up for further review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Do you mean they don't work for a phone, or do you mean they no longer work for the router?

If the latter then that will be because he fitted a filtered master socket.

TeamGB
Dabbler

Yeah, none of them work for a phone.I get no ring tone on any of the extension sockets in my house any more

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @TeamGB, Thanks for getting back in touch. I've picked up your request for availability.

I have booked an appointment for an engineer to visit the premises between 8am and 1pm on Tuesday, the 16th of April 2019.

I've updated your ticket HERE. Let us know if this needs rearranging.