Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach database issue? Trying to order FTTC

Sparxeh
Dabbler

Openreach database issue? Trying to order FTTC

Hey folks,

So I'm trying to help a friend who is due to move house in the next month or so, so she hopes... The house definitely has Virgin fibre available that much I know. However I've tried to look into FTTC options as she doesn't want to use Virgin on past experience. So was looking at maybe referring her to Plusnet.

But the Openreach checker keeps saying "Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker."

When I try her address on the Plusnet checker (same for BT, Sky etc) they are only offering ADSL internet... But if I put in any other house number on her street on the Openreach checker, it shows 80/20 FTTC is 'available'. It's literally only her house number that is not finding any line info.

How do I get anyone to sort the BT database or check what the problem is? She'd like to order all online as normal, to get cashback and take advantage of online deals etc.

Don't want to disclose too much private info publicly, but her postcode will be DN35 8RL if it helps look into things.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Edit: When I say BT checker btw I mean this https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Openreach database issue? Trying to order FTTC

Hi @Sparxeh 

Looking at DN35 8RL you provided there appears to be two cabinets covering that road.

CLEETHORPES is served by Cabinet 27 WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 7
CLEETHORPES is served by Cabinet 6 VDSL 80 / 2

Hope this helps

Dan.

Sparxeh
Dabbler

Thanks for the info - although with that you'd think at a certain point specific houses so far down, would stop having FTTC availability then and be on the 2nd cabinet wouldn't you?

Her house number is on the odd number range, and the several houses either side of her (going up or down the street) have the same 80/20 FTTC availability. It would be extremely unusual wouldn't it, to be the only house inbetween to be on a different cabinet?

I was hoping it was just a database issue. I've since been pointed to another link on Openreach's website to enquire. Which has triggered an enquiry where they'll check the network and come back to me in the next 5 working days supposedly on the email response I got back.

So I guess I'll have to see what response I get, hopefully something useful...

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Sparxeh 

It could simply mean there is no standard phone line at that address, so would need a phone line installing/activating and then hopefully they could have FTTC, but as @Dan_the_Van  has indicated their appears to be two possible cabinets that road.

Sparxeh
Dabbler

Update for anyone reading in the future, as you may find this useful.

I also asked on another forum, where someone suggested I enquire via https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband - which I did and it said Fibre isn't showing available but could be, so asked me to fill in the enquiry form which I sent off.

3 working days have passed, and I received the below response late last night about 10:30pm from Openreach Smiley

Now when I go on BT, Plusnet, Sky or whoever and input her address - it offers 80/20 Fibre and seems cabinet is very close as predicts High 80Mb and Lows of 72Mb.

Result!

Hello Josh

Thanks for getting in touch with us about fibre broadband availability in your friend's area. I have looked in to your enquiry and can see that the address has never had an active telephone line on our network so the address hadn't been given any routing before. I have now routed the address to the Distribution Point which would serve the property and the good news is that I've checked our records and Fibre to the Cabinet broadband is now available for you to order.

If you'd like to order fibre broadband, then you need to get in touch with your Service Provider (SP) to place an order. Your SP will be able to tell you what fibre broadband packages are available and the speeds that you're likely to get.

For information, our website below is updated with our latest plans:
https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre

You can find a list of SPs who offer fibre broadband here:
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttc-providers

I hope you're encouraged by my response and will be able to enjoy the benefits that fibre broadband brings.

Kind regards

Aaron Smith
Infrastructure Solutions Customer Service – Fibre Enquiries
Openreach