Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach can't remove kci3

FIXED
shrubb2121
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Openreach can't remove kci3

Openreach can't remove kci3 off my line plusnet now saying only way around this having a new line installed with a brand new phone number so fed up as my fibre broadband stopped working on 19th July because of this kci3 error.
19 REPLIES 19
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Openreach can't remove kci3

As per our conversation over Facebook, I'm not sure why we'll need to install a new line. The stuck order relates to the broadband side of things. Do you have dial tone on your home phone handset?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

Yep I have dial tone I'm only going by what I was told today by your staff called  [CSA Removed]

Paul.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

shrubb2121
Grafter

Openreach visited me today at my address my fibre connection has now been restored due to my fibre connection being pulled out from green cabinet. What happens now as my line still has open KCI3 stuck order with your suppliers side.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that! Once the stuck order progresses, it's likely to cease your fibre service because it's a cease order. But once that happens we'll be able to replace the fibre order for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

Great I will be back to square one. This cease order should of never been processed as I'm not leaving plusnet or going to another provider hopefully can be cleared without turning my fibre off.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@shrubb2121 wrote:
Openreach can't remove kci3 off my line plusnet now saying only way around this having a new line installed with a brand new phone number so fed up as my fibre broadband stopped working on 19th July because of this kci3 error.

I've had a look over the notes on the cancelled cease order that has become stuck on our suppliers systems and it looks like they've advised that the cease did complete (Which would explain the loss of service) however because no KCI3 (Basically the order completion notification) was sent through, the order still shows as open and searching the asset still returns an active asset.

As there is an open cease order on the systems (Despite this actually being complete) we can't begin to re-provide the service due to an open order on an active asset, whereas we need to be able to place an order on a clear line (No asset).

This has been chased up several times with our suppliers and they are working on resolving this issue so we can take the appropriate action to re-provide the service.

The order is stuck due to an exception, however a bridge case has been raised to resolve this and this has also been escalated with the appropriate team with our suppliers.

We've been asked to check back tomorrow for an update.

Thank you for your patience, I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Exception: These are system related issues that stop an order from progressing. There are a variety of reasons for these

Bridge Case: These are raised to both Openreach and BT Wholesale to resolve system related problems with orders.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

Hello Harry

You are already providing the service I said in my last post BT openreach visited me today my fibre connection was pulled out from green cabinet box which has now been re connected i now have fibre connection.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately when the cease order becomes fluid again it is likely to complete, leaving you without service.

We will then need to reprovide the connection.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

BT openreach guy Told me cease is done by computers not by pulling wires out. Told me someone has accidentally pulled my fibre line out. If does go off process as a fault as fault requests are quicker than new provide order.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst that's partly true, the order on our suppliers system is essential for your router to authenticate [and in some cases, even sync to the cabinet].

If the cease order completes, we'd have to place a provide order and we will try our very best to get it fast tracked however at this point I can't make any guarantees.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

Hello Anoush
Looks like your supplies has completed stuck cease order as my fibre connection has gone off what happens now.

Paul
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Following our conversation via Facebook, I've just checked this on for you again and the order is still committed I'm afraid Sad We'll check this for you tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shrubb2121
Grafter

Just like to say thank you to Anoush for sorting all this mess out I've had with my fibre connection look forward seeing my connection back on soon

Paul.
shrubb2121
Grafter

Any update with fast track order thanks