Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach Engineer stole my line and have it to next door this morning

mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Openreach Engineer stole my line and have it to next door this morning

Well, new neighbours have moved in next door recently and had a visit from Openreach this morning. At the same time my phone stops working and my fibre router won't connect anymore. The weird thing is the Openreach modem has the DSL light on, but the router has a red internet light and won't authenticate. I can only draw the conclusion that they have swapped my pair with next door and removed the analogue phone connection at the PCP and now I'm left with no service because of someone else's incompetence.
Not happy if I have to take a day of work for Openreach to come and fix it as the fault checker shows disconnected at customer end. Angry
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Openreach Engineer stole my line and have it to next door this morning

Our tests have found a "Dis In Network" fault so it shouldn't need a engineer at this moment in time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: mikelahey
I can only draw the conclusion that they have swapped my pair with next door and removed the analogue phone connection at the PCP
Which actually did happen to me once. It was quite a while ago back when I had Home Highway (BT's residential ISDN offering). According to the engineer that came out to fix it the problem was that they needed to use two testers. The standard tester didn't detect ISDN because there was no dial-tone.
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Well, out of the blue an Openreach engineer turned up at my house this morning (on a Sunday as well). We were out , but fortunately my mum and dad were baby sitting and able to let him in. The engineer put a tester on the line to find the pair in the cab and reconnected it back up and we're up and running again  Smiley , apparently it had accidentally been disconnected  in the street cab on Friday morning.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.