cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening tickets

dabow
Rising Star

Opening tickets

Can any one please explain why we cannot open a ticket any longer. The present methods of contacting PN are extremely inefficient, the online chat is often not available and the phone system is a sad joke.

11 REPLIES 11
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Opening tickets

It has been highlighted numerous times how wrong Plusnet were to remove the ticket system 😕
But They show no intentions of reinstatement, but prefer twits or bookface as contact options 😞
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Twoterriers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Well, that's just marvellous. Probably fed up with the constant stream getting added, I would think.
Lynda~
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry that you're unable to raise a support ticket yourself.

Is there anything we can help you with over here? -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Twoterriers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks, Anoush. I started my own angry thread further down this page. Please don't take it personally as I'm aware it is not your fault. I'm just a very fed up customer.
Lynda~
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just picked up your thread Lynda.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dabow
Rising Star

Hello Anoush,

Thanks for keeping an eye on the threads.

Could I ask you  to check out my upload broad band speed. Until recently I had a download speed of 36.5Mb/s and Up of 1.85Mb/s.  When the upload change occurred it  (upload )went to 3.8 Mb/s at best, the down stayed at 36.5.  Since I am achieving a good download speed on my line ,I was expecting a more significant upload increase than I seem to be getting. I would have thought  only a "loss" of about 10/20% would occur from the nominal 10 Mb/s up speed, giving me say, 8 or 9 Mb/s  actual up speed.

Is there some other factor working against the upload speed other than the "quality" of the line connection ?

Would appreciate any advice you can give.

Pity we don't seem to be able to get answers via the ticket system any longer. Everyone can work at there own rate and timing in that system !!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've had a look into your account and connection to see the following speeds getting to the router our side:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 4.0 Mbps

And given the estimates for your line are as follows:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 48.2 35 8 5.5

So it tells us the upload isn't reaching within the estimate speeds although nothing our side is hinting at what's causing this as there aren't any errored seconds or drops within the last 16 days.

Can I ask then, are you currently connected into an extension phone socket with the router at all?
One thing I'd recommend we try either way is plugging into the test socket and seeing how the speeds look.
If you could set up the connection via this method and then run a wired speed test to see if there's any improvements this should tell us where to go from there.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

dabow
Rising Star

Thanks Ben for the reply.

I am connected to the main socket not an extension , it is a fairly modern type . I am  wired to the router also so no losses via wi-fi.  The download never seems to budge from the 3.8 Mb/s figure. The download is always a very constant 36.5 Mb/s so the "line link" seems pretty decent to me. I am about 600metres from the green cabinet so am pleased to get a decent download.

I would be grateful if you can throw any further light on the upload deficiencies.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you tried plugging your router into the test socket?

I'd also try a different modem if you can too. If you don't have a spare or you're wanting a new one from us I'd call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss a replacement.

Failing the above, I'd head on over to http://faults.plus.net to report a fault to us.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dabow
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply.

Today I plugged the modem into the test socket and it made no difference to the upload speed ( nor to the download either).

One thing that did occur after replacing the faceplate back and plugging into main socket and restarting router I got an upload speed of 4.7 Mb/s.

I tried again with direct test socket, reset router, 3.85 again.  Replaced faceplate , router into main socket, reset router ,3.85 again.

This seems to suggest that the upload speed is partly dependent onto which server the router latches on reset.

I do not have a spare suitable router to try out ,I'll take up one of your suggestions.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.
Let us know how it goes. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet