cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenWRT VDSL config

adamsutton2101

OpenWRT VDSL config

OK next problem. I've posted about this on openwrt forums as well, https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=63145
but I know there are quite a few openwrt users on here that might have some thoughts suggestions. Basic summary is:
- I have new TP-link box (W8980) with built-in VDSL modem
- I "think" the modem is syncing, it certainly reports it does when I plug in the cable (and the stats look sane)
- I can configure the box to setup PPPoE via ethernet port connected to BT modem
- I CANNOT seem to get it to setup PPPoE via the built-in modem (ptm0).
I kinda expected getting the VDSL modem to work at all would be the hardest task, but that pretty much worked first time. Feels like I must have a stupid config mistake as it feels like it's just a case of getting the PPPoE setup to route out through the built-in modem.
Well, if anyone has any ideas greatly appreciated.
Adam
2 REPLIES 2
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: OpenWRT VDSL config

probablu EJS is your man. Not sure if he's actually installed openwrt - but has the level of expertise that will know what to do.
Other than that, its reading the openwrt documentation, they have set up ways of doing most things in a straight forward way.
My knoweldge is more lowlevel, e.g. get the UART to come up in linux, and attached a pppd to it, with all the NATing set up in kernel ....
adamsutton2101

Re: OpenWRT VDSL config

Thanks for the heads up, turns out it was the VLAN config that was missing. And possibly some patience.
All sorted now.