cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach Availability Listing Wrong ?? HELP PLEASE

wigster

OpenReach Availability Listing Wrong ?? HELP PLEASE

Hi
We have a long saga with our internet supply in so much as our property has until recently (and according to OpenReach still is......) been on an Exchange only line. To force some sort of a service for my family I have two lines both with broadband and manage to cobble together a workable service.
Recently though our entire street, numbers 1-17, have been moved to a street cabinet and can order fibre service. That is, apparently, everyone except us at number 18.
As the whole street was originally connected on the same exchange only cable bundle (we have witnessed it being dug up in the past), this listing MUST be wrong. Unfortunately both my providers (TalkTalk and PlusNet) just read off the OpenReach database and are unwilling to escalate the error.
As an end user I can not talk to OpenReach.
Please can someone offer any advise on how this extremely frustrating situation could be resolved !!
Thank you so much in advance.
Steve
3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: OpenReach Availability Listing Wrong ?? HELP PLEASE

of course, the listing could be CORRECT.
just because 1-17 were moved doesn't mean that you at number 18 must also have been moved.
yes it could be a mistake, but it could easily just be correct.
ISPs can only order services based on what openreach tell them.
wigster

I appreciate that they can only order what is in front of them, that is my problem.
Whilst I appreciate the fact that not all property may have been moved, as an Exchange Only line is a bundle of cables serving multiple properties, and must have been dug up to add it to a cabinet, it is unlikely they would then sink the cable again and leave one property on that old cable. Surely nobody would think that was a good idea...surely !!
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Surely they haven't disconnected everyone for days whilst they wire the bundle into the cabinet and install wires from there to the houses?  Crazy Crazy
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.