cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open reach no show?

oakey22

Open reach no show?

Does anyone know how often this happens, we should have had our fibre transfered today and an openreach engineer come to install our modem but no sign all day. Had to have the day off work as would have been fined if we was not in for the install.
Got a support ticket in which may take up to 48 hours with no Internet and 2 kids who spend all afternoon on YouTube and the xbox usually but can not due to a no show.
15 REPLIES 15
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Open reach no show?

It happens too much, every other day on this forum there is someone with them not turning up.  If you have to take time off work again for all but the first appointment, be sure to claim the lost income back from PN for the missed appointment/s who then pass it on to openreach.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
#3 The key issue: did you take EXTRA time off?
Although it might seem slightly unusual, you can't claim compensation for the original no-show day as you haven't technically lost out through this. You were going to take that day off work anyway; the fact it turned out to be futile is aggravating, but not a loss in a legal sense. The key is what's needed to put it right.
So if the end result is you need take a SECOND day (or morning/hour) off for a new date, you should be due compensation for loss of earnings or loss of a day's holiday.
To have good grounds for compensation, your complaint needs to be considered reasonable in a court of law. So if the failed delivery happened when the area's roads were closed due to snow, you're less likely to have a strong case than if there were no adverse circumstances.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
daro2096
Grafter

Define reasonable?
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: daro2096
Define reasonable?
That would be why we have courts  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that a engineer hasn't attended.  Sad
From what I can see you were on fibre before? This will have changed the order we placed to one that doesn't need a appointment as the system will think you already have a modem and the work carried out at the cab.
I'm going to get a modem sent out to you from here and I'll update this thread once I've done that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Gus
It happens too much, every other day on this forum there is someone with them not turning up. 

Yes, but the % of missed appointments is actually fairly low. More appointments are missed by people not being in than engineers not turning up.
As it's a help, support and feedback forum, you'll naturally hear more of the negative comments than positive ones.
Quote from: daro2096
Define reasonable?

In this case it doesn't look like Openreach were at fault, but that Plusnet did not communicate that they had not placed a normal engineer appointment.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've put the modem in the post and it should be with you by tomorrow.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@oakey22 Have you still got your router/modem from your previous supplier? If so what is it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
oakey22

Thanks for the swift response.
I was on sky fibre before with the sky hub that had a modem built in. I still have an old style faceplate though with no filtering on the faceplate. Is this needed with the openreach modem?
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH

Yes, but the % of missed appointments is actually fairly low. More appointments are missed by people not being in than engineers not turning up.

Be interested to see the actual statistics.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: oakey22
I was on sky fibre before with the sky hub that had a modem built in. I still have an old style faceplate though with no filtering on the faceplate. Is this needed with the openreach modem?

you can't use the sky fibre hub on anything other than sky, as there is no way to change username and password in it.
also, that hub is designed to be used on its own.. ie without the openreach modem.
the openreach mode should ideal me connected to a pre-filtered faceplate.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Razorback
Be interested to see the actual statistics.

They are published quarterly on the OFCOM website (I think). Target on new FTTC provisions is less than 3% missed appointments.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: oakey22

In that case you should still have a visit to replace the faceplate!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
marke68

Thank god for Openreach,they may get a bit of abuse on various provider forums but they actually know what they're doing and are very good at it,sadly the same can't be said for the cowboys from Kelly Communications,according to the Openreach fella who sorted my fibre install out today he'd never seen a more amateurish botch job than what was left by the Kelly Comms bloke on tuesday
Apparently the Kelly Comms engineers only get paid £30 a job which may explain why they are so bad at what they do.
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well with my second attempt at moving to FTTC after an Openreach no-show forced me to either stay on cable or lose the internet for a minimum of 2 weeks  when I did make the move later it was a Kelly bloke they did at least show up.
Whenever I've had any tradesman look at something somebody else had done they have always made scathing criticisms. When it's an in house employee looking at what a subcontractor has done I'd be amazed if they praised the work.