cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dns and other down

samuria
Grafter

Open dns and other down

Open dns servers and facebook are not responding is this worldwide or plus nets network?
30 REPLIES 30
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Open dns and other down

All sites on www.google.co.uk is down on plusnet server and hop to different gateway make no different, all few sites still down including which gateway
The connection has timed out
The server at usertools.plus.net is taking too long to respond.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.google.co.uk.
    Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.speedtest.net.
    Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at twitter.com.
The connection has timed out
The server at forums.overclockers.co.uk is taking too long to respond.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
bluewhale
Rising Star

yep seeing same, interestngly http://www.theinquirer.net/ is ok
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Look like Plusnet is the big issues on server not working proper. My mate say his PN all sites was down
samuria
Grafter

Seems mostly usa sites adobe, facebook , open dns I changed my dns to google 8.8.8.8
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.ispreview.co.uk.
I off to bed (it's seem all sites are down)
Trying
Dabbler

google.co.uk intermittent here....
bbc.co.uk at present a complete no-no Sad
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

nigel1971
Grafter

Can't get nothing even changing dns  Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: goldenfibre
Look like Plusnet is the big issues on server not working proper. My mate say his PN all sites was down

No GF,
Let's not jump on bandwaggons. See https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143619.msg1266242.html#msg1266242 - this all looks external to PlusNET.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

All sites working OK on virgin media cable. But all sites was down on plusnet VDSL2
ganon11000
Dabbler

Most sites down on Fibre on PN. Got cyberghost to connect to manchester and then to the rest of the word but it doesn't support port forwarding so TERA won't work 😕
nigel1971
Grafter

Own up, who's not paid their bill?  Grin
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

BT Wholesale switched off PN network routing for unpaid bill  Grin Only joke!
mathewlisett
Grafter

so theres me messing with the dns etc to come across this page. thank god its not just me. weirdly the automated dns fails, yet google dns is ok on some sites like facebook and twitter and ebay. yet switch to automated and other sites are ok. rather annoying.
i was about to say the above was for sure, but now even thats not right. ebay you cant get into the other section and facebook is intermittent