cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops Fibre Install

martynhsmith
Grafter

Oops Fibre Install

a couple of weeks ago at 4 in the morning I went to check if I could get fibre (been waiting a long time!) and finally I could
I got a bit excited and ordered it and paid the P & P for the new router.
I know I booked it on the 26th Oct, but I the rest of the details are a bit of a blur
So - I think I could of booked morning or afternoon - How do I find out - the account change page tells me I have already have a pending change
and when should the plusnet router arrive - I think my bullion router will work but I said yes to make sure
Also is there anything else I need to worry about ?
Martyn
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Oops Fibre Install

try looking on tickets on your account - there should be an open one about it but check closed ones as well https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
martynhsmith
Grafter

Thanks Jim
Well that's 50% there  - They are coming in the morning
So - when should I start worrying about the router not turning up ?
Also - I've got a fixed IP address at present, does that come across or do I get a new one ?
M
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Router - start worrying now - is there a ticket saying it has been dispatched
You will retain the fixed IP
Which Billion Router have you got
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Your router has been dispatched this morning, so I'd imagine it to be with you slightly later on this week Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
martynhsmith
Grafter

By billion is one of these - http://www.billion.com/_Internet/usermanual/UM-bipac7800n.pdf
Well kind of - I have a bad habit of complicating things or making them easier depends how you look at it.
I have never found an ADSL router that can cope routing Lan traffic/Multimedia PC's and wireless and do the ADSL connection (My favourite are belkins with the auto heal function, or to put it in technical terns - restart the router)
So I have a linksys adsl modem, with wireless switched off , it's lan scope is setup for the 192.168.xx.xx range.
the billion plugs into it but it's Lan scope is a 10.xx.xx.xx
So I was thinking I would plug the Billion into the new plusnet router (I will need to change IP addresses)
- I think I could configure the Billion router to plug direct into the BT fibre modem but I may be being lazy 🙂
Martyn

Oldjim
Resting Legend