Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ookla thinks I'm by Sheffield?

mlmclaren
Grafter

Ookla thinks I'm by Sheffield?

Hi
As per the title, when I visit speetest.net itputs sheffield as my local server, Hwever I'm locatedin West Sussex and before Wed/Thurs I was getting maidenhead as my local?
Any ideas why this is and if and when it will rectify itself?
5 REPLIES 5
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Ookla thinks I'm by Sheffield?

I believe it's where the location of which Plusnet server you've been assigned to.
whenever I type in Google for example Currys it brings up stores located in London - which are no use to me because I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.
At the moment ST thinks I am in London but in fact I'm in Newcastle.  When I was with BT, ST located me in the North East of England which is correct. 
It's just a thing I've never got round to asking.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It thinks I'm in London when I am in fact in Sheffield.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mlmclaren
Grafter

Me and You need to swap then ideally  Cheesy
Well it's weird as it's only happened in the last few days and I'm currently on a gateway in my region (South East) so not a clue... hopefully it will switch back at some point, my speed tests keep jumping to Sheffield rather than my favorites in London & Maidenhead
adie:quote
davenos
Rising Star

I'm the same since joining I've been in London, Manchester(once), Nottingham(once and that's where I live) and then back to London(my connection location spends more time there than I do with work Grin ).
Previously on Sky I used to bounce all over the UK.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

On my Ookla app I have the option of changing locations and I change to London before every test Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra