Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting half speed on an upto 36mbps Unlimited Fibre connection

FIXED
cszombie
Dabbler

Only getting half speed on an upto 36mbps Unlimited Fibre connection

Hi,

I've just switched but i'm seeing only half the speed i'm supposed to get, i know there's 10 days for things to settle down but i'm sure it should already be faster than this?

Here's what i'm getting...

Estimated line speed:40Mb (This may vary between 30.8Mb and 40Mb) - Checked on 2017-03-23 13:34:57Current line speed:18.7 Mb

..is anybody able to assist with a solution please?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only getting half speed on an upto 36mbps Unlimited Fibre connection

If you've just switch over to fibre then I suspect that your profile is needing to be reset from ADSL speeds can you do a speed test using this then select the 'Further Diagnostics" option at the bottom of the results page. This will tell you your profile when complete and make the results available to Plusnet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Hi @cszombie I am sorry to hear you are having speed problems. I've tested your line and I've identified a possible external fault. I've raised this with our faults team and our suppliers now. We expect an update within the next 72 hours.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cszombie
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you, an engineer has been from BT Openreach today, replaced master socket faceplate and line outside property, getting speeds now of 31mb download, live chat customer support also changed profile on the line, i think it must have been still on adsl speeds as mook suggested, happy! Thanks again Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fantastic news, thanks for getting back to us. That was fast, the engineer went out about an hour after I raised it.

Happy to hear your speeds are up. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button