cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only being offered Fibre Unlimited

mrcoyote
Dabbler

Only being offered Fibre Unlimited

I'm currently on the old up to 80Mb Fibre Unlimited product and my unlocked HG612 is showing the below...
Downstream Upstream
Line rate (kbit/s) 69567 18567
So why is it when I spoke to Customer Options to see what my options are now I'm out of contract are they only able to offer me the up to 40Mb Fibre Unlimited?
Even the BTW DSL checker estimates I should get more than 40Mb.
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 55 40 13.9 8.7
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 40 20.4 11.1 5.2
It's a shame that the person I spoke to wouldn't accept what I was telling him and insisted that Plusnet only sell the FTTC Range B so I'd never get more than 40Mb.
What's more working is my account is now showing an order for the new Fibre Unlimited with today's date on that's been completed as I was going to renew on the basis of a reduced monthly payment until I realised my speeds were going to be reduced...
2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Only being offered Fibre Unlimited

Hi,
Sorry about the issues you had on getting the speeds you wished for, from the information you've given it is quite obvious you can take advantage of the extra product, one of the checks we use does pull from the impacted range as our orders are self installs so any internal issues aren't addressed by an engineer but as you were on fibre already that information can be taken with a grain of salt.
If you can leave this with me til Monday I'll get someone to give you a call to sort things out so you can get the speeds you had previously
mrcoyote
Dabbler

Re: Only being offered Fibre Unlimited

Thanks Paul,
I'm hoping no changes have been made and I haven't been locked into another 18 month contract despite me saying not to proceed, but I'll wait to hear from someone on Monday.  I'm at work so can you ask whoever calls to phone my mobile and leave a message if I can't answer.