cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 5.517Mbps From Plusnet Fibre

Aaron1

Only 5.517Mbps From Plusnet Fibre

Hi .

We're currently only getting around 6Mbps according to the Hub One stats - when I signed up we were given a guaranteed minimum speed of 30.

I joined plusnet back in September and was getting decent speeds, and when we were with TalkTalk it'd rarely drop below 30.

I couldn't say exactly when the speeds dropped (possibly a couple of weeks now).

Obviously, I've been through all the usual stuff such as filters, noise, master socket etc... and not that it makes a difference to the connection speed, but almost everything in the house is wired

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I cant report this via the Plusnet Troubleshooter - it gives me an error.

"We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help"

[Edit:] The BT Wholesale Speed Test says that the IP profile for my line is 5.34Mpbs!

Thanks

Aaron

1 REPLY 1
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Only 5.517Mbps From Plusnet Fibre

Hello @Aaron1,

Thanks for getting in touch  and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your speed. After testing your line we can see that there is a potential external fault that could be causing this issue.

I have raised this to our supplier who will investigate the issue and our faults team will keep you updated here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team