cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing profile issues

bhworld

Ongoing profile issues

Morning all,

I've had a ticket open since 10th March, with no real progress other than a dozen GEA tests and an engineer visit for a line fault that developed after the ticket was raised.(Solved by the engineer re-terminating my connection in the cabinet). We've been through the hoops of using the master socket, switching back to the HubOne, etc.

BT Openreach and Plusnets own website have me profiled / banded at 43Mbps - and a number of the tests the staff ran have what I believe to be an incorrect profile in them:

BT Openreach speed test shows:
IP Profile for your line is 43.26 Mbps

My router is showing a sync rate of:
Max Rate : 79144 kbps

Plusnet:

• Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 50.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 43Mbps

Before the line fault:

12th March:

Profile Name

0.128M-60M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

26th March:

Profile Name0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

After the line fault was repaired, a KBD test was run which diagnosed (21st April):

DescriptionBRAS Service Speed and MSAN Service Speed are Inconsistent.

This was raised to Openreach for investigation by the 23rd, but I've heard nothing since.

I'm ~400 meters from the cabinet (Confirmed by openreach in the past, and Plusnet testing), and have enjoyed speeds of 65-70+ for the last 5-6 years.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Cheers,

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ongoing profile issues

Thanks for your post @bhworld I'm sorry for the issues with your speed. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bhworld

Re: Ongoing profile issues

I raised the fault 7 weeks ago - 10th March. It's still open on my account. What is acceptable as a "delay" currently, just so I can set my expectations? I have been below my minimum speed for a few weeks now, and although I was above it when I raised the ticket, it was only by 2Mbps.

Most recent engineer was SLA'd to have investigated the issue by 23rd April but apparently was a no-show. I've provided more dates in the ticket for the engineer.

At one point I got told on the phone that "the internet is slower in the winter" just before the first attempt at closing the call. I'll try that one the next time I have a ticket about a system running slow - "its cold in the datacenter at the moment, sorry!" )

The trend through this whole ticket has been "profile mismatch" - surely that is something that can be resolved remotely? We know its not wiring in my property, we know there was a physical line fault which got worse and needed re-terminating in the cabinet. Upload has been rock solid this whole time, holding at the full 20Mbps, download has been all over the shop - between 10 and 37 in tests.

BTW speedtest still has my profile set at:

IP Profile for your line is 43.26 Mbps

which doesn't match the Plusnet portal for my speed, and is below my minimum guarenteed speed?

• Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 50.5Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 78Mbps

Cheers,