Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Slow speeds and higher ping

Discopimp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Ongoing Slow speeds and higher ping

Ive been having ongoing low fibre speeds and my ping seems to be rising was 15-20 ms now in the 30's ..Im supposed to be guaranteed 31MB down and 6MB up, but usually getting below 20MB and 3-4MB up.. Ive contacted plusnet and they said they need to send an engineer but I really struggle to get time off work in the week …. is there any other way to fix this .. HELP?

8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Ongoing Slow speeds and higher ping

Looking at your sync rate, you're getting (or were getting 22Mbit) which is lower than the lower estimate on your line.

To rule out any internal wiring, plug the router into the master socket to see if the sync rate changes. Note, your realtime speeds won't change immediately, and if you want us to do a new test whilst plugged into the main socket, let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Discopimp
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the fast reply... yes I've been plugged into the master plug ever since I last rang up.. so nothing has changed speed wise!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've logged a fault to our supplier for you ( https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180427669 ). Unfortunately, the normal way to do this would be an engineer. However, as the line is banded, I'm going to ask them to remove it first to see if this improves the situation. If it's going to work, I'd expect the results this evening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Discopimp
Dabbler

Really appreciate the help... thank you
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Give us a shout if you don't see any change tomorrow.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Discopimp
Dabbler

Will do
Discopimp
Dabbler

Hi Tony... whatever you did worked as my connection is about 34MB down and 5MB up.. also my ping is 11 which is decent for a bit of battlefield 1... Really sorted me out bud.. thanks
Waz
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it’s sorted. I’ll pass your comments onto Tony. Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you require any further assistance. - Wasim