cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

CaptainCorcoran
Hooked

One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

We have had on-going connection failures since Feb 23rd(!!!) - averaging around 5 drops per day mainly during working hours. Not the best situation when you're working remotely! On the worst days the connection has dropped TEN times!

When the router isn't reconnecting, the blue light on the front of the Plusnet Hub One contually flickers. 

The first support ticket was actually closed by "support" immediately after the Openreach engineer visit had been booked booked - so no help there!

With the second support ticket, an Openreach engineer visited and actually replaced the whole master socket which produced -zero- improvement in the issue.

We have since replaced our telephone handsets with no impact

Plusnet Support are always really polite and keep testing the line before booking an openreach engineer to visit which results in me being told there's nothing else can be done.

Different people say different things - it's a broadband problem, no it's a line problem, no it's a broadband problem... The problem still hasn't been fixed.

What are the odds of the router being fault (about 2-3 yrs old)?

What are the odds of Plusnet sending me a replacement router to see if that corrects things? It's the only thing left that hasn't been either tested or replaced...  (In the past I've even been asked "Do you have a spare router you can use?"  Really??!!)

Can anyone tell me where the web page to raise a formal complaint is hidden?

I've been a loyal Plusnet customer for over 10 years and I'm now totally disillusioned with the level (lack) of customer service and support - I'm not getting anything remotely like the service I expect to receive for the money I pay.

I JUST WANT MY BROADBAND TO WORK LIKE IT DID AROUND THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I UPGRADED TO FTTC...

13 REPLIES 13
Flatlands
Hooked

Re: One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

Hi, sorry I cannot help you but just to let you know that it looks like I'll be heading down the same road as you! I joined Plusnet a few weeks ago. I had a faultless 18 months with BT but unacceptable price increase forced me to join Plusnet. I unplugged BT's router and plugged the Plusnet one in and have had nothing but problems since. If I'm lucky it'll be on for a few days then off. Usually evenings are the worse times after 9.30pm. I've rung Plusnet but no joy. No calls back from them ,no engineer as promised etc. I can sympathise that we are all in an awful situation but someone who is working from home for Plusnet could contact customers with faults and help in keeping people connected in a time where it's never been so important. We might be lucky that someone working for Plusnet might read this thread and add some advice. Best of luck and I hope your problems are resolved.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Flatlands
Hooked

Why had the moderator moved this from ADSL to fibre as I am ADSL?
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Probably because in your original post you stated that you connected to fttc 3 years ago

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Flatlands
Hooked

Previous poster put that and originally posted on ADSL thread. I'll repost on ADSL thread as I'd like someone to reply and maybe help (or give me some advice) I'm getting desperate for some help or advice off Plusnet. Normal channels are not working and Plusnet arranged for an engineer but a system error has prevented an engineer finding out about my case. Plusnet have told me to wait up to 10 days. I don't want to sound selfish but I need a reliable internet connection that might be a simple fix if someone could address it.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@CaptainCorcoran wrote:

Can anyone tell me where the web page to raise a formal complaint is hidden?

It's a link in the footer of every page "Complaints code of practice"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Flatlands wrote:
I'll repost on ADSL thread as I'd like someone to reply and maybe help (or give me some advice) I'm getting desperate for some help or advice off Plusnet.

NO!  This is the correct board for FTTC problems to be picked up quickest for Plusnet staff and Community members to respond.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Flatlands 

My apologies, I didn't read carefully enough. I suggest that if your query is unrelated to @CaptainCorcoran 's you might get a better response if you started your own thread

My other car isn't a Ferrari
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @CaptainCorcoran,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this fault has caused you and for the delay in picking up your post on here. Having checked your account, I can see that you have since discussed this with our faults team and a new router has been sent for you to try. Have you received the new router and, if so, has this made a difference to your connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
CaptainCorcoran
Hooked

New router has had no effect - even when connecting router and phone via microfilter in test socket!

This is now being returned and yet another Openreach engineer visit has been arranged - 4 so far if I remember correctly!

At my end I've done everything asked of me and more - disconnecting everything, reconnecting everything, using wifi only, moving other equipment away from router, even buying new phone handsets and ethernet cables. It seems clear now that it's not my equipment or my original Plusnet router at fault so it must be the physical line coming into the master Socket - which Openreach have actually replaced!!  IMHO the next thing that needs to be done is for Openreach to admit theres a bad line and install a new line to my home..  I just want to be able to use my broadband (working from home) without having to suffer from an average of 5 drops per day for about the last 6 weeks

Totally exasperated by everyone's frequent excuses, evasions and general refusal to take responsibility for fixing this!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @CaptainCorcoran,

I'm sorry to hear that the issues are continuing to occur despite the new router having been installed. I have reviewed the open Faults Ticket on the account and raised a response, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
CaptainCorcoran
Hooked

Further to my on-going problem with frequent disconnnects (average 5 per day, up to 11 drops in a single day), I have noticed from the Event log that my Down Rate falls to as little as 18497Kbps and the Up Rate goes as low as 516kbps.

Surely this is below the minimum guranteed speed for FTTC broadband...?

Since Plusnet is a signatory to Ofcom's Voluntary Speed Code of Practice can I please have a definitive statement as to what my minimum guaranteed speed is?  I can't find it anywhere on your website but it must be displayed -somewhere- (but obviously not anywhere that's easy-to-find)...

tommyc493

I am literally having the same issues. I have had several engineers come out. Each time they basically blamed the engineer before. They changed the master socket. Changed the bit it connects to the outside. I've tried 2 different routers. I have genuinely had nothing but problems with plusnet and quite frankly the customer service has been awful. They've made me feel as though they're calling me a liar and that I'm doing something wrong. They really don't like to admit the problem is on their end.