cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

Highlighted
Hooked

One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

We have had on-going connection failures since Feb 23rd(!!!) - averaging around 5 drops per day mainly during working hours. Not the best situation when you're working remotely! On the worst days the connection has dropped TEN times!

When the router isn't reconnecting, the blue light on the front of the Plusnet Hub One contually flickers. 

The first support ticket was actually closed by "support" immediately after the Openreach engineer visit had been booked booked - so no help there!

With the second support ticket, an Openreach engineer visited and actually replaced the whole master socket which produced -zero- improvement in the issue.

We have since replaced our telephone handsets with no impact

Plusnet Support are always really polite and keep testing the line before booking an openreach engineer to visit which results in me being told there's nothing else can be done.

Different people say different things - it's a broadband problem, no it's a line problem, no it's a broadband problem... The problem still hasn't been fixed.

What are the odds of the router being fault (about 2-3 yrs old)?

What are the odds of Plusnet sending me a replacement router to see if that corrects things? It's the only thing left that hasn't been either tested or replaced...  (In the past I've even been asked "Do you have a spare router you can use?"  Really??!!)

Can anyone tell me where the web page to raise a formal complaint is hidden?

I've been a loyal Plusnet customer for over 10 years and I'm now totally disillusioned with the level (lack) of customer service and support - I'm not getting anything remotely like the service I expect to receive for the money I pay.

I JUST WANT MY BROADBAND TO WORK LIKE IT DID AROUND THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I UPGRADED TO FTTC...

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Hooked

Re: One month of connection drops - still no fix... Who do I complain to?

Hi, sorry I cannot help you but just to let you know that it looks like I'll be heading down the same road as you! I joined Plusnet a few weeks ago. I had a faultless 18 months with BT but unacceptable price increase forced me to join Plusnet. I unplugged BT's router and plugged the Plusnet one in and have had nothing but problems since. If I'm lucky it'll be on for a few days then off. Usually evenings are the worse times after 9.30pm. I've rung Plusnet but no joy. No calls back from them ,no engineer as promised etc. I can sympathise that we are all in an awful situation but someone who is working from home for Plusnet could contact customers with faults and help in keeping people connected in a time where it's never been so important. We might be lucky that someone working for Plusnet might read this thread and add some advice. Best of luck and I hope your problems are resolved.
Fixes: 850

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Hooked

Why had the moderator moved this from ADSL to fibre as I am ADSL?
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Probably because in your original post you stated that you connected to fttc 3 years ago

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Hooked

Previous poster put that and originally posted on ADSL thread. I'll repost on ADSL thread as I'd like someone to reply and maybe help (or give me some advice) I'm getting desperate for some help or advice off Plusnet. Normal channels are not working and Plusnet arranged for an engineer but a system error has prevented an engineer finding out about my case. Plusnet have told me to wait up to 10 days. I don't want to sound selfish but I need a reliable internet connection that might be a simple fix if someone could address it.
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 14

@CaptainCorcoran wrote:

Can anyone tell me where the web page to raise a formal complaint is hidden?

It's a link in the footer of every page "Complaints code of practice"

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 14

@Flatlands wrote:
I'll repost on ADSL thread as I'd like someone to reply and maybe help (or give me some advice) I'm getting desperate for some help or advice off Plusnet.

NO!  This is the correct board for FTTC problems to be picked up quickest for Plusnet staff and Community members to respond.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Flatlands 

My apologies, I didn't read carefully enough. I suggest that if your query is unrelated to @CaptainCorcoran 's you might get a better response if you started your own thread

My other car isn't a Ferrari